Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#21) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligos View Post
I just went through the steps to enable Hibernation:

• manually deleting the sleep image
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
• Don't forget to turn off the encryption of the hibernate file.
• Enabled Hibernation in RC4
• Enabled Hibernation in the Smart Sleep pref pane.
Restarted, looked in the Finder to verify the decrease in HD space. All is good.
I click sleep, mini 9 goes to sleep and LED goes through the normal pulsation. Click again and it wakes up.
Hibernation is NOT working on my mini 9. Yet the Hibernation file does get created.
My mini9 experiance is the same as yours, the files gets created but the m9 will always sleep whatever the smartsleep prefpane is set to.
  (#22) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 04:51 AM

ok, so I did the following. reinstalled nbi rc4, enabled hibernation, deleted the sleepimage, rebooted and enabled hibernation only in smartsleep. when I press the sleep button the led starts pulsating right away and when I wake the mini up again I can see it was only in sleep. the sleepimage is also not updated. there is an image there, but it is older. it was probably created when I rebooted?
  (#23) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 05:38 AM

So far, it seams only our big brother 10v has hibernation working on 10.6.2. If anyone has it working on the Mini 9, please share your results.

Dell Mini 9 : OS X 10.6.8 : BIOS A05
32GB STEC SSD : 2GB RAM
NBI Version : Latest
SpeedStep : [Enabled]
USB Legacy support : [Disabled]
  (#24) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 06:13 AM

well, I have a 10v, so I guess I'm doing something wrong
  (#25) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 09:31 AM

I had all sorts of problems getting hibernate to work, but just the other day it 'started', to work correctly. Initially, I'd had the same problems as others above, ie: not even writing the image; then I got it to write the image, but would not restart correctly (via PC EFI10.5) say if pull out battery when "off".
Disclaimer: This was on a Lenovo S9e, so some slight differences to Mini9, so I can't be sure that there are other things involved. However:
The thing that seemed to get to the final working solution was when I installed TheKing's new OSXRestart.kext.
I also use Meklort's version of Chameleon with the 10.6.2 Atom changes.
  (#26) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 10:47 AM

hm, ok. I need to try this. I had the restart kext on my mini, but I guess it got removed after I reinstalled NBI to activate hibernation?
  (#27) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 02:07 PM

ok, putting the restart kext back in didnt help. the mini is still not creating the hibernate image when sleeping. even when I set the sleep mode to hibernate only it still only sleeps when closing the lid or pressing the button.
  (#28) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
ok, putting the restart kext back in didnt help. the mini is still not creating the hibernate image when sleeping. even when I set the sleep mode to hibernate only it still only sleeps when closing the lid or pressing the button.
Sorry to hear that.

Other thing, I just realised, is I use EVoReboot (not OpenHaltRestart); and of course the 10.6.2 version of SleepEnabler. Not sure what NBI now uses, perhaps these anyway? However I read on some forum that often in hacks, the main processor is put to sleep 'too soon' before it can do other stuff (like write to disk?), so it's possible that one or other of these various kext combinations is what makes the difference. I didn't do any real experimenting to find what made the difference, as I'd sort of given up on getting hibernate to work; had stopped using it, so was pleasantly surprised to see, by accident, that it now works.
  (#29) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 11-26-2009, 06:45 PM

NBI uses a version of sleep enabler that works on all (current) versions of 10.6, not just 10.6.2.

I was only able to get hibernation to work once myself (which is why I never advertised that it works), but it the bootloader does have the patch included.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a Lockerz.com invite? message me.
  (#30) Old

Default 11-27-2009, 08:51 AM

man, this sucks. hibernation is the last thing on my mini not working. I hope it gets solved soon.