FAQs and How To's Handy FAQs/How To Guides for installing/configuring Mac OS X.

(#11) Old

Default 07-30-2009, 05:02 AM

when you say disable BT, is there a way to toggle this besides in the BIOS? rebooting to toggle this is somewhat annoying... and when i turn it on in the bios, i cannot turn it off in osx- is this normal?
  (#12) Old

Default 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patg View Post
when you say disable BT, is there a way to toggle this besides in the BIOS? rebooting to toggle this is somewhat annoying... and when i turn it on in the bios, i cannot turn it off in osx- is this normal?
i too am wondering the same thing... mine says "bluetooth: on" but it is grayed out and there is no way to turn it off it seems. Any other way then going into the BIOS? sorry if this is a stupid question - first experience with a mac... thanks
  (#13) Old

Default Bluetooth Terminal Mod - 08-10-2009, 01:40 AM

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...nal-mod-3.html

Check that thread.

Follow post by HussainX word for word. Your bluetooth toggle will be enabled in OSX.

I'm running 10.5.8 with that mod and I'm getting great battery life. 4-5 hours on my A90
  (#14) Old

Default 08-10-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacabos View Post
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...nal-mod-3.html

Check that thread.

Follow post by HussainX word for word. Your bluetooth toggle will be enabled in OSX.

I'm running 10.5.8 with that mod and I'm getting great battery life. 4-5 hours on my A90
THANK YOU!!! that fixed my problem (and my next question which was going to be "how do i turn wifi off?") but that little trick solved both problems...