Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#11) Old

Default 06-21-2010, 07:18 PM

Ahh, ok. The bootloader from the smaller usb should detect it fine.

[  MacBook Pro 13" 2010 | 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM DDR3 | 250GB HDD | NVidia 320M 256MB SDRAM 
Dell Mini 9 <I don't own this anymore> | BIOS: A06 | SL 10.6.3 retail DVD | 1GB RAM | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | BT: √ (Tetany's BT Terminal Mod) |
Audio: √ (Akki's Mini 9 Sound and Mic Fix bundle) | Legacy USB: Off | Sleep: √ | Method: My compiled method | Easier method ]
  (#12) Old

Default 06-24-2010, 03:44 PM

I was able to use your image to finally boot my Mini 9. I installed the 10.6.3 (with the mach_kernel_patch copied onto the USB drive) the other day, but it would not boot. This USB image booted my OS. Now the trick is, how to get it to patch my internal boot drive so that I don't need the USB stick any more.
  (#13) Old

Default 06-24-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I was able to use your image to finally boot my Mini 9. I installed the 10.6.3 (with the mach_kernel_patch copied onto the USB drive) the other day, but it would not boot. This USB image booted my OS. Now the trick is, how to get it to patch my internal boot drive so that I don't need the USB stick any more.
Run NBI 0.8.4 inside OS X and install to your hard disk.

Glad you got it working, ~James

[  MacBook Pro 13" 2010 | 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM DDR3 | 250GB HDD | NVidia 320M 256MB SDRAM 
Dell Mini 9 <I don't own this anymore> | BIOS: A06 | SL 10.6.3 retail DVD | 1GB RAM | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | BT: √ (Tetany's BT Terminal Mod) |
Audio: √ (Akki's Mini 9 Sound and Mic Fix bundle) | Legacy USB: Off | Sleep: √ | Method: My compiled method | Easier method ]
  (#14) Old

Default 06-29-2010, 12:20 AM

Byrd, did you ever determine what your issue was here? I am also using James' 0.8.4RC1 img from this thread, and I am getting the same kernel panic error.

Thanks!
  (#15) Old

Default 06-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devee View Post
Byrd, did you ever determine what your issue was here? I am also using James' 0.8.4RC1 img from this thread, and I am getting the same kernel panic error.

Thanks!
Hey, devee, I haven't been on here much lately...

Many times the kernel panic is caused by certain flash drives (I recommend Sandisk Cruzer, but that isn't the only option), or not using a legit copy of Snow Leopard.

(#16) Old

Default 08-08-2010, 05:05 PM

Hi James - I just tried using your 084RC1.img boot loader but I still get a Kernel Panic, as I did from the old mechdrew tutorial

(Different memory address though)

More on my error here: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...ernel-cpu.html

Been trying at this for the last week. Please help! :-(

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Hi James, I noticed that in another forum, you mentioned something about putting the Darwin Kernel on http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...lling-osx.html

The Mechdrew instructions didn't mention the PartedMagic part, so I've already got the v84 img on my small USB. Is it possible to put the PartedMagic on afterwards, or do I have to re-image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbarnhill View Post
Hey, All, can you test this Image out using Mechdrew's NBI2 guide, but replace his image with this?
  (#17) Old

Default 01-02-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
You say it will it will overwrite it, but I've already used dd to create the usb, it's just that parted magic can't mount it in it's mini os.

Sorry to make such trouble, thanks for helping
Hey,

Did you ever resolve this? I'm getting the same error in parted magic when trying to mount the 16gb flash drive, so that I can't replace the kernel.

If not, any easier way to install OSX these days? (w/o mac, 10.6.3) I tried just using the updated kernel, and mechdrew's method, but got a kernel error :/