General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#351) Old

Default 10-18-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzfisher View Post
1) Discovered WiFi on this 1012 is the Atheros A5B95 and that a driver from OrangeWare works - Now I have WiFi! If others need this solution do a google for file called OWC_Wireless_Setup_v3_0t.sit

2) I've come to conclusion that I don't have a Bluetooth card inside this 1012? Packaging doesn't mention BT and you know how they like to list every little feature

3) VLC does not work - need to research that one

4) Appears I have a strange model version for retail non-custom build? Dell iM1012-5060BK - Nice thing is that is it all black, not two tone black/white like I've seen in some photos.
I tried this on my 1012 as well as the family kext. Still no wifi.
What am i doing wrong?
  (#352) Old

Default Using new netbook installer? - 10-24-2010, 05:45 AM

I am going to ask this because I don't want to experiment and end up screwing up my OS X netbook OS. I see Meklort has released a new RC of netbookinstaller and it allows chameleon to detect the GMA950 GPU. Since I already have OS X installed on my netbook how would I go about getting this NBI to work? In other words I want the graphics acceleration from the new NBI which detects the GMA950. Wish I had a test dummy netbook
  (#353) Old

Default 10-24-2010, 09:58 PM

I don't think Meklort is offering graphics acceleration for mini10. I think GMA950 is 10v.

Last edited by jmacie; 10-24-2010 at 10:14 PM.
  (#354) Old

Default 10-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Do you think the ability of sleep would work with a 1012? Since, according to meklort, it now works with the 10v?
  (#355) Old

Default 10-27-2010, 12:35 AM

Sleep works on 10v, Meklort refers to "hibernation" now working in his in progress upgrade. I use a 10v, so I don't know about sleep in mini10. But I look forward to hibernation function when Meklort's new release comes out.
  (#356) Old

Default 11-08-2010, 02:27 AM

Hey guys, is my first time around here. I just bought a mini 1012, and i'm really happy with it. Is an awesome machine for its size. I wanted it to be my hackintosh, but i'm having some problems trying to install SL trough USB, NBBM just freezes after booting. I tried so many times, but got tired and just gave up, and i decided to try with Leopard. I installed ideneb 10.5.5 through usb dvd drive, and with some adjustments, tweaks, and hp mini osx essentials, is working great so far except the graphics, i can't get the correct resolution, i'm stuck with 800x600. I know there's no QE/CI yet, but at least i want the correct resolution. Can anyone tell me where to get the corect kext to do this? a way to change resolution? any help is appreciated.
  (#357) Old

Default 11-08-2010, 10:37 AM

Hi exekatl, welcome to the club. I had same problems in my first install tries with NBBM. After lots of fails I noticed i'm using never version NBBM. You should check you have exact same versions with the guide (page #18 in this thread). Believe me it's only way to get full resolution in mini 1012.

Good luck.
  (#358) Old

Default 11-09-2010, 02:11 PM

Hey wolfiem, thanks for the quick reply. Too bad i can only get full resolution in SL. I tried but it fails. I don't have exactly the items in the guide, but this is what i have:
-Snow Leopard 10.6.3 dmg
-NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 pre (i've read somewhere that this one only works
on snow Leopard, i only has acces to a Mac Pro G5 with Leopard from my
job, so i used NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 instead)
-40 gb HDD USB (actually is a IDE HDD with a usb adapter case)
-a Laptop with iDeneb 10.5.8 on it.

What i did: from ideneb i partitioned (mac os x journaled) the usb hd and restored the 10.6.3 dmg to it. It was pretty fast actually. Then patched with NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3. Then i plugged the usb hd to the 1012 and boot from it. It shows me chameleon loader and then i choose to boot from installer, then it shows me the apple logo and the spinning thing below and it stays like that forever. What am i doing wrong?
  (#359) Old

Default 11-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exekatl View Post
Hey wolfiem, thanks for the quick reply. Too bad i can only get full resolution in SL. I tried but it fails. I don't have exactly the items in the guide, but this is what i have:
-Snow Leopard 10.6.3 dmg
-NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 pre (i've read somewhere that this one only works
on snow Leopard, i only has acces to a Mac Pro G5 with Leopard from my
job, so i used NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 instead)
-40 gb HDD USB (actually is a IDE HDD with a usb adapter case)
-a Laptop with iDeneb 10.5.8 on it.

What i did: from ideneb i partitioned (mac os x journaled) the usb hd and restored the 10.6.3 dmg to it. It was pretty fast actually. Then patched with NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3. Then i plugged the usb hd to the 1012 and boot from it. It shows me chameleon loader and then i choose to boot from installer, then it shows me the apple logo and the spinning thing below and it stays like that forever. What am i doing wrong?
Exekatl, your process is correct but as i said before SL version doesn't match. You should use SL 10.6.0 DVD. Maybe you can find it from torrents.

BTW, you can check what causes to hanging by using -v flag at start up. Type -v and select installer you will see all progress instead of spinning wheel.

Good luck.
  (#360) Old

Default 11-10-2010, 11:10 PM

10.6.5 OS X was released today. Has anyone confirmed whether this will work on the mini's if you're current version is 10.6.4?