General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#321) Old

Default 09-23-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midvale View Post
My main issue now is that I have Wifi after updating with IO80211Family.kext but although it recognizes my network, I end up with the message "AirPort has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.148.44 and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

I have tried rebooting my router, toggled my Configure IPv4 from Using DHCP to Off and back again. I have tried renewing my DHCP lease. My DNS tab was blank so I manually added the info that is in my MacBook but that didn't help. Any ideas, anyone?
Same issue here. Tried manual settings - same result. Everything else that should work does (USB, ethernet, webcam, etc).

I am using Mini 1012 - HD Display with Wireless 802.11n (HB95) Mini Card.
  (#322) Old

Default 09-27-2010, 08:26 PM

Well, now I'm travelling and have had the opportunity to try out the wifi with both WEP, WPA2 and neither have worked. The networks prefs show that they are connected with what appear to be valid IP addresses and I am no longer getting the error messages but if I open up Safari or Firefox they tell me I have no internet connection. At least I set up the Hackintosh as a dual boot with Win7 so I can go to "the dark side" for wifi internet access. Another question; did anybody have to do some tweaking to get iChat to work? It's not working for me with Ethernet, obviously I haven't been able to try it with wifi yet.

Last edited by midvale; 09-27-2010 at 08:33 PM.
  (#323) Old

Default 09-27-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midvale View Post
Well, now I'm travelling and have had the opportunity to try out the wifi with both WEP, WPA2 and neither have worked. The networks prefs show that they are connected with what appear to be valid IP addresses and I am no longer getting the error messages but if I open up Safari or Firefox they tell me I have no internet connection. At least I set up the Hackintosh as a dual boot with Win7 so I can go to "the dark side" for wifi internet access. Another question; did anybody have to do some tweaking to get iChat to work? It's not working for me with Ethernet, obviously I haven't been able to try it with wifi yet.
I tried to work ichat in my home network (bonjour) after your message. It works with text chat between my macbook pro and dell mini 1012 (10.6.4) but it crashes every time when I try to open a video chat .

Btw I'm connecting via wifi (wpa2) with manual ip config. Unfortunately I couldn't make it work with DHCP.

Last edited by wolfiem; 09-28-2010 at 07:15 AM.
  (#324) Old

Default 09-27-2010, 11:40 PM

Wolf, did you upgrade to 10.6.4 the same way rhycel did as he described on page 18? If not, what way did you update?
  (#325) Old

Default 09-28-2010, 03:18 AM

anybody hat graphic-kexts work for mini 1012?
please help
Thanks
  (#326) Old

Default 09-28-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcamper View Post
Wolf, did you upgrade to 10.6.4 the same way rhycel did as he described on page 18? If not, what way did you update?
I upgraded with this steps;

1. download and install 10.6.4
2. restart with first 10.6.0 installation usb disk
3. re-run embeded NBI installer.
4. restart with arch=i386 (and pmVersion=0 if necessary)
5. edit apple.Boot.plist with plist editor pro and add arch=i386 flag (and pmVersion=0 if necessary)
6. restart

that's it.
  (#327) Old

Default 09-28-2010, 11:01 AM

hi im just a new for doing the installation of os x in my dell mini 1012. im just confused if i did wrong in my installation. it running now in my dell mini but the problem graphics is 800x600 only sound not working blututh also not working.. the main issue it not rebooting by itself. i need to run the cd where i burn the netbookcd 0.8.3RC4 to load the os x.
can some could help me. can you send me the step by step procedure on installing os x.

this what i did.
i take all the software the need on the installation:
netbookcd 0.8.3RC4.iso
SL 10.6.2.iso
netbookinstaller 0.8.4 pre
netbootmaker 0.8.4 pre
plisteditpro.dmg

i run the cd of netbookcd 0.8.3RC4 and i hit f5
then i put the OS X DVD and it run to installation
i do formating to journaled format customize the setting before installing mac os
i finishe the installation run again the netbookcd 0.8.3RC4.iso to boot in mac os
then finish..

just what i said os x is working but i need to used the netbookcd to load the os x and wait for 10min to load up all the things. some could help me to fix it out thanks for advance.... really appreciated.

my mail nhelo_1982@yahoo.com
  (#328) Old

Default 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Hi nhelo1982, you should check page #18 on this thread for installation instructions. SL DVD must have 10.6.0 and you need an usb disk for installation. If you follow instructions as it said you will see all your hardware on mini 1012 are working (except video hardware acceleration and sleep).

PS: as I remember i googled for my bluetooth 365 module (embeded module on mini 1012) and find an extra kext for it but don't remember where is it.
Good luck!
  (#329) Old

Default 09-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfiem View Post
I upgraded with this steps;

1. download and install 10.6.4
2. restart with first 10.6.0 installation usb disk
3. re-run embeded NBI installer.
4. restart with arch=i386 (and pmVersion=0 if necessary)
5. edit apple.Boot.plist with plist editor pro and add arch=i386 flag (and pmVersion=0 if necessary)
6. restart

that's it.
When you say "Restart with the first 10.6.0 installation usb disk" won't that run the installation of Mac OS X therefore causing me to format/install OSx? or does it boot into OSx with that USB installation?
  (#330) Old

Default 09-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcamper View Post
When you say "Restart with the first 10.6.0 installation usb disk" won't that run the installation of Mac OS X therefore causing me to format/install OSx? or does it boot into OSx with that USB installation?
I mean the external installation disk which is you install system (as mentioned Page #18 on this forum) You should boot from this usb disk and run NBI from menu. When it finishes operation quit installer and reboot netbook again.