Dell Zino HD Discussion on the upcoming Dell Inspiron Zino HD

(#11) Old
macaroni

Default off topic??? - 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Sorry, as I didn't know where else to post, but how about a half mini ssd in that slot....boot the OS from a 16 or 32 gb card? Anyone tried it, or have any thoughts on the possibility? (And then just use a usb wi-fi dongle on the back - in fact, maybe a bluetooth/wi-fi in one dongle such as are now avaialble....) I've just ordered the zino and am thinking about these possiblities...)
  (#12) Old
Guru

Default 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
Sorry, as I didn't know where else to post, but how about a half mini ssd in that slot....boot the OS from a 16 or 32 gb card? Anyone tried it, or have any thoughts on the possibility? (And then just use a usb wi-fi dongle on the back - in fact, maybe a bluetooth/wi-fi in one dongle such as are now avaialble....) I've just ordered the zino and am thinking about these possiblities...)
I don't think a Mini PCIe SSD will work in a normal Mini PCIe slot, just a Mini PCIe SSD slot.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#13) Old
macaroni

Default thanks for the info - 06-24-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex View Post
I don't think a Mini PCIe SSD will work in a normal Mini PCIe slot, just a Mini PCIe SSD slot.
That's kind of what I started to think, but glad to hear it confirmed so as not to waste the cash. Thanks for posting, too bad it wouldn't work
Oh well, it was fun to ponder the possibility
  (#14) Old

Default 10-13-2010, 10:34 PM

hi all,

sorry to resurrect an old thread but did anyone ever get a part number for the zino antennas?

i'm interested in installing a wireless card but wanted to gather all the specs before i do.

tia!