Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old

Default Bringing her on a vacation! - 05-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Hey guys. It's been forever since I've posted here.

Anyway, I'm going away for the weekend and I just bought a small mini projector. An AAXA m2 led projector. I am planning on watching some movies on the wall with it.

I figured it would be fun and be a welcome addon to the mini. I've used it before with a lumenlab evo1 projector, but sadly that projector is dead now.

I'll add some screenshots to this thread to show it in action.

Hope everyone in the forums is well.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#2) Old

Default 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Look forward to seeing those, I've been toying with the idea of that little projector.
  (#3) Old

Default 05-11-2011, 07:33 AM

Are there any mini projectors that give a 16:10 or 16:9 image? I can only find 4:3 ones, quite annoying...
  (#4) Old

Default 05-15-2011, 11:03 PM

Sad news! The AAXA M2 fried out only 4 days of minimal use on my vacation....not really happy right now. I did have some pictures of myself watching the James Bond classic Goldfinger on the wall. In disgust afterwards, I deleted them.

I don't know if any mini's are in 16:10 or 16:9. This one WAS 4:3 which I didn't mind too much.

In closing, I really wouldn't recommend the projector. I don't have much faith in a projector that dies within a week. I don't think there's any logical reason in my mind to even think of exchanging it for another one. It's build quality is poor. The remote was horribly inaccurate and the controls on top of the unit felt crappy to begin with. The quality of the projector wasn't the best, but I didn't expect it to be perfect at only 110 lumens and a 1024x768 resolution. I am extremely disappointed with this venture.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#5) Old

Default 05-16-2011, 02:16 AM

I think that you had a good idea, the projector just failed. My wife & I used my Mini 9 & a projector for a professional presentation, both worked really well. I wish that I had thought of using a video too.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#6) Old

Default 05-18-2011, 03:02 PM

Hey guys, a quick followup. The sky is not black for me yet. I am now considering pairing it with a LG HS201 SVGA DLP projector. It is an LED, 200 lumens and is made by a real company. Of course, more money about $420-$500...:-\...

Anybody have one of those that would care to comment? I've been watching YouTube videos for the past few days and the quality is definitely there, has all the hookups, etc. The only thing I really lose out on was the SD card input which I thought was pretty cool.

I wanted to keep the price down lower because this was more of a travel projector thing that I wanted to do with my Mini/Acer Aspire Revo. But of course, my mini 9 can't do too much HD, but it can run divx rips pretty well.

I just can't do a 15 lumens laser projector....15 lumens is so low!!! Ahem, so no pico's.