Thinix Software for Dell Duo Discussions about the Thinix software for Dell Duo. Hosted by Thinix company

(#1) Old

Default Thinix on the inspiron Duo - 03-17-2011, 03:02 PM

I would like to know how to run Thinix when swiveling the screen, i dumped the Dell Stage software so that i can use Thinix, but i would like the same functionality with Thinix as i had with the Stage software.

anyone?
  (#2) Old

Default more difficult then i thought - 03-18-2011, 09:16 AM

i called Dell Support, and they connected me tot the Hardware Departement.

after a long conversation explaining my problem they forwarded me to the Software Departement.

again a long conversation but still they couldnt give me an answer.

i`m now trying to contact de developers of the Dell Stage Interface to see if they know how i can use the swiveling to start up the Thinix software.

i`ll let you know when i have an answer, untill then i would appreciate it if anyone could tell my iff they tried the same as i`m trying now...

Last edited by JannoRobin; 03-18-2011 at 08:01 PM.
  (#3) Old

Default 03-19-2011, 04:21 PM

still no luck, the dell stage software developers are not helping at all.

there must be some code or a piece of software that can use the hardware signal when swiveling the screen...

call me spoiled, but i like it when things work the way theyre supposed to work, or at least can bet set that way.
  (#4) Old

Default 03-21-2011, 11:22 AM

can someone with an original installation please contact me so that i can pinpoint the settings in the registry for the Dell Stage Interface?
  (#5) Old

Default 03-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Edited: Now I know what you meant...you're asking how to get teh duo to go into thinix automatically when you swivel the screen into tablet mode...not sure how to do that. I just pinned thinix to my task bar...1 button and into thinix it goes...

Last edited by wastra; 03-21-2011 at 01:49 PM.
  (#6) Old

Default 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM

that is indeed what i`m trying to accomplish.

i also have it pinned to the taskbar, but i won`t rest untill i get this one the way i want...
  (#7) Old

Default Email Thinix Support - 03-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Email Thinix Support. I'm sure they have a fix for this:support at thinix.com
  (#8) Old

Default 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Janno, as soon as you hear back from Thinix support, let us know. It would be good to make that a sticky topic, or at least have something that will show up on searches. I'm sure there are plenty of us here who'd like to know (once I actually get Thinix on mine).
  (#9) Old

Default 03-22-2011, 10:29 PM

Hi All-

Thinix will be releasing a Dell Duo optimized version that will include the ability for it to launch on screen flip. This will be a version (or downloadable theme, not sure yet) of the just released Thinix Touch 6.3 so look for it in the next couple weeks!!

I have been playing with it and is GREAT!!!

We will also have buttons/tab that link to the Duo Stage apps - works very well, and if you haven’t tried the new Thinix Touch 6.3 version released just last week, it is much faster and has a large number of advancements!

Thank you all for the support!

-Anthony from Thinix
  (#10) Old

Default 03-23-2011, 10:46 PM

I tried to install Thinix but the process seemed to hang. The final installation bar didn't complete and the CPU was running almost full on with McShield prominent. Should I turn this off? Also does W7 Home premium contain the necessary Microsoft.Net?