Psyopper.com Psyopper creates custom-made fitted sleeves for your Dell Mini 9.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-14-2009, 06:45 AM

For anyone interested in the soft fabrics, I took two photos. The first is with flash that properly saturates the colors but doesn't really reflect the style of the fabrics (they are all much softer looking). The second is with incandescent light which accentuates the style of the fabrics but shows the colors far more muted. Unfortunately uploading these to flickr forced them to scale down which really doesn't do justice to the fine detail in the red and black floral pattern.

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-15-2009, 12:55 AM

I purchased one of these and I love it. It is well made and fits like a glove, not to mention it's a one of a kind. Thanks psyopper!
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-15-2009, 02:43 AM

I want to thank everyone that pre-ordered! I picked up the machine today, and while it's definitely looked better sometime in the past, it still works great!! Now I just need to adjust myself to it...

I received a total of 6 orders, 4 which have already paid, and for now I'd like to hold of on the pre-orders. I will definitely be selling more of these in the very near future, but I don't want to get ahead of myself on what I can make and how fast I can reasonably get them out to people. I will be making them in the order that they were paid and I should be able to get the first few done tomorrow and in the mail on Monday.

Thanks TON everyone!!!

(#14) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM

Glad to hear you were able to get the money you needed for the new machine. I wanted to pre-order one so badly, but I knew my wife would have killed me if I spent another dime (just bought a new computer and whole bunch of accessories ), so I was out. Anyway, I really like the look and functionality of your sleeves. I like the thought of the velcro latch over the zipper form that I have now. I was just wondering if you were planning on using any other materials down the road? I would be hugely interested in one that was maybe like a dark grey suede material. Or maybe black suede with red stitching or something like that. Keep up the awesome work and thank you so much for offering a great product for the mini community.

Red Dell Mini 9, 64GB Runcore ssd, 2GB ram, os X 10.5.6, bluetooth, camera. The Dell mini is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-16-2009, 11:20 PM

I am always open to new ideas and materials - I like the suede idea! I tried contrasting stitches on one bag but you really need razor sharp stitching or else the even the slightest variation shows up like a sore thumb. As I get better with this new machine I'll definitely be interested in trying it out.

To be honest, my interest in sewing came about from being in the military and making and fixing my own gear, so cordura is what I know. Been sewing for years on a home machine with cottons, cotton/poly blends and the occasional cordura. I really only intended to do this to get the Runcore, but when I started getting really positive reviews for the bags, and saw that machine for a steal... Now I'm in it for the machine and then the Runcore! And after that, who knows...

Strangely enough, I secretly want to be a gear maker in the future. Curiously enough, I already am!?

(#16) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-17-2009, 12:16 AM

I could have sworn I PM'd you on Friday or Saturday about my interest in a 1200D in Black. I just checked my sent items and I guess I forgot to press submit.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mini 9 "9iNe"
Obsidian Black
Windows 7 RC1
32GB DELL SSD
Bluetooth/1.3MP
Internal GPS Mod
2GB PC6400 Crucial
16GB SDHC/8GB MSDHC
Invisible Shield Standard
Psyopper Custom Black Balistic Nylon
  (#17) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-19-2009, 06:14 PM

I ordered one of Psyopper's mini sleeves for my girlfriend as a Valentine's gift, and it went over perfectly. Psyopper was communicative and flexible, got my sleeve custom manufactured and shipped in just a day (and just in time for V-day!) and the sleeve itself is a good size and well constructed. My girlfriend takes every opportunity now to show off her "blue stickers" mini with its custom pink brocade sleeve.

So, thanks Psyopper!
  (#18) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Just wanted to drop in and bump for amazing bag. I got it yesterday and it's perfect for my needs, Its nice and snug, has room for my usb cable for my iphone, and the inside is perfect. Im typing this from work using PDA-net from my iPhone on my new Mac Mini haha. Thanks Psyopper. Good build.
  (#19) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my sleeve from psyopper last week. It fits my mini very well. Nice compact package. I would recommend it highly. I would also advise some customization - patch for a D-ring handle? molle clips? nametag? Talk with psyopper and make something great
Cheers,
-frank
  (#20) Old

Default Re: Taking pre-orders for fitted laptop sleeves - 02-23-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCrescioni
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my sleeve from psyopper last week. It fits my mini very well. Nice compact package. I would recommend it highly. I would also advise some customization - patch for a D-ring handle? molle clips? nametag? Talk with psyopper and make something great
Cheers,
-frank
I was going to throw on a piece of loop tape (velcro) on the front flap for you for a tame tape for the fun of it, but then I thought you may not have wanted it so I didn't.

PALS/Molle is definitely a possibility, presuming I can get color matched webbing. Tactical colors of webbing are very hard to come by these days - you have to be a manufacturer and buy 1000's of yards at a time! Most sewing houses don't carry it, and those that do price it out of resale value - usually $1-$2 per foot. I can get black webbing out the wazzoo from REI for next to nothing though. If you can find me foliage green, OD and coyote 17337 and 43668 webbing at wholesale pricing (usually $0.10 to $0.20 per foot) I'll make you a fitted sleeve for free! Same goes for Hook/Loop tape in the same colors (the generic name for Velcro). I'll even put a third sleeve on the table for fasteners and hardware in tactical colors!! And I don't count DIYTactical as I already know about them and they rarely (if ever) have any of the above in stock.