Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old

Default crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-17-2009, 06:33 PM

crucial will have a supply (unknown quantitative amount) avaliable starting SATURDAY 21 i just got off the phone with 3 agents and they all said the same thing. the drives will be 79 dollars + (tax+ship).
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-17-2009, 06:35 PM

You do realize that these SSDs are very slow?

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-17-2009, 06:37 PM

yes, but unfortnatly i cant get a answer on when the run-cores are going to be avaliable
  (#4) Old

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM

You would be better with a stock STEC 32GB from Dell than with one of these... You'll regret it..

MY VOSTRO A90: Cherry Red Lid, Kingston HyperX 2GB RAM CAS 3, RunCore 64GB SSD, 16GB SDHC Class 6, Bluetooth, 1.3MP Webcam, Intel 3945abg WiFi Card, WinXP Home SP3, BIOS A06
  (#5) Old

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-18-2009, 01:38 AM

Ordered the Run Core 32gb, and after I emailed them they said they should have them in a couple days. So I'm hoping.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM

I will also buy a crucial as a matter fact the price is great. I will use it as second sdd so speed wont be a great matter, but has actually someone tested its speed??
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-18-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos
I will use it as second sdd
Eh? How exactly are you going to do that? The Mini can have only one SSD at a time.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#8) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to thcrw739
Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM

See, I have a dilemma.

Every time mdd has the runcores, I don't have the cash avalible right then to purchase, when they run out, and i happen too have the money, i couldnt leave the cash in this preorder limbo.

If they charged me right away at a preorder, that would be one thing, but i cant have this as i have a lot of things auto withdrawn, and a bad time for them to get em in, could mean several $30 overdraws from my bank.

So, i allways look at the new post on these drives available, hoping someone wont say there crap in comparison to the all mighty runcore because a lot of these places actually can keep things in stock, were mdd cant seem to do that.

I am allmost about at the point, willing to talk to dell (i cant understand what your saying, and you dont really want to talk to me any way, and actully order the part im looking for) employee, to see if i can order 32gb ssd from them, it cant be any slower than what i have now, and more than likely they will have them + atleast i have a dell acount for that.

Oh well, wonder if this was more of a rant MORE SO THAN hunting for an actual solution ? frustrated and annoyed, LOL i dont know.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcrw739
See, I have a dilemma.

Every time mdd has the runcores, I don't have the cash avalible right then to purchase, when they run out, and i happen too have the money, i couldnt leave the cash in this preorder limbo.

If they charged me right away at a preorder, that would be one thing, but i cant have this as i have a lot of things auto withdrawn, and a bad time for them to get em in, could mean several $30 overdraws from my bank.

So, i allways look at the new post on these drives available, hoping someone wont say there crap in comparison to the all mighty runcore because a lot of these places actually can keep things in stock, were mdd cant seem to do that.

I am allmost about at the point, willing to talk to dell (i cant understand what your saying, and you dont really want to talk to me any way, and actully order the part im looking for) employee, to see if i can order 32gb ssd from them, it cant be any slower than what i have now, and more than likely they will have them + atleast i have a dell acount for that.

Oh well, wonder if this was more of a rant MORE SO THAN hunting for an actual solution ? frustrated and annoyed, LOL i dont know.
What about setting aside the money when you have it and purchase the run core when they are available? You were going to spend it anyway so you may as well consider it spent. :-)
  (#10) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: crucial.com 32gb ssd drives - 02-18-2009, 04:21 PM

Open a PayPal account, transfer what you need for the drive into it, pay MDD with PayPal.

Getting an iPad