Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old

Default Best mini9 battery? - 07-02-2012, 02:19 AM

I need a new battery for my mini9. Is there any kind of consensus on the best replacement? I've been looking around the forums and haven't really found one option that seems preferable to any others. Any help would be appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM

There aren't a lot of choices here. I have one of the "Better Power" extended batteries from MyDigitalDiscount and it's fine, but I also bought it years ago.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Thumbs up 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM

I'd love some advice on this topic too. The battery that is currently in my newly acquired & refurbed mini9 is just your stock-standard 14.8V 32W battery that lasts approx. 2hours on a good day. Not bad but i'd like to get an extended battery that lasts 3-4 hours word processing or surfing the net. Greedy i know, but eventually i will need a new battery and prices aren't too bad at the moment and i'd like to get something before they become obselete.

Amazon has always given fairly quick shipping to AU for me before so a quick search on Amazon revealed these results. 150+ results under $49. Okay... After reading many of the customer reviews i quickly became horrified at some of the problems owners have had especially with DOA products.

The BetterPower extended battery had great reviews but comes in a little costly for me about $55 + shipping although if it really lasts for 8hours i am so tempted to get it.

Does anyone have experiences with other brands that come in a little cheaper or have ordered through Amazon internationally?
  (#4) Old

Default 07-07-2012, 02:59 PM

Hi abearatemyparents

My name is Sudheer K and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
You can also purchase dell batteries from the Dell.com website. Please login in to the website and check the prices accordingly.
Thanks
Dell_Sudheer_Kota
Dell Social Media Responder
  (#5) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to Wm.Mays
Default 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELL SudheerK View Post
Hi abearatemyparents

My name is Sudheer K and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
You can also purchase dell batteries from the Dell.com website. Please login in to the website and check the prices accordingly.
Thanks
Dell_Sudheer_Kota
Dell Social Media Responder
Except no battery available for Mini 9 listed on Dell accessories page.

MINI 9: Jade Green, RunCore 64GB SSD, Hyper-X 2GB RAM, Dell 5530 WWAN Card, Dell 1505 WiFi Card, Bluetooth 2.1, 1.3MP Webcam, Leopard 10.5.8 NBI 8.0.3 Final, BIOS A05
  (#6) Old

Default 07-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Dell's page shows the Mini 10's battery @$125 but no listing for the 9 model.
  (#7) Old

Default 07-09-2012, 01:40 AM

I am happy so far with my attbatt.com hi cap battery in my Mini 9. I get about 10hrs (yes, 10 hours) on a charge with surfing. Watching videos brings it down to around 6hrs. It will be 1 yr around september I think. I also got a hicap battery for my Studio 14Z, and I went from 3hrs to 6hrs per charge. Not bad I think.

Suprolla

o Alpine White Mini 9 - 32GB Super Talent - 2GB RAM - Webcam - BT - Win8 CR - DELL BT Mouse - ATBATT extended battery - 10 hr battery life
o Chainlink Black Inspiron duo - 128GB Samsung SSD - 2GB RAM - Webcam - BT - GPS - Touchscreen - Accelerometer/magnetometer - Win 7 Home Premium
  (#8) Old

Default 07-09-2012, 04:27 AM

Thanks Suprolla, i will definately check that site out. I didnt realise until recently that dell had discontinued making the mini9 batteries which explains why everyone is ordering the hicap aftermarket batteries. Cheers
  (#9) Old

Default 07-14-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicchen View Post
Thanks Suprolla, i will definately check that site out. I didnt realise until recently that dell had discontinued making the mini9 batteries which explains why everyone is ordering the hicap aftermarket batteries. Cheers
Let us know how u get on as I am after a new bat as well also get 2hrs out of mine.

---------- Post added 07-15-2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-14-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprolla View Post
I am happy so far with my attbatt.com hi cap battery in my Mini 9. I get about 10hrs (yes, 10 hours) on a charge with surfing. Watching videos brings it down to around 6hrs. It will be 1 yr around september I think. I also got a hicap battery for my Studio 14Z, and I went from 3hrs to 6hrs per charge. Not bad I think.
attbatt.com is not a proper site who did u get ur bat from?

Mini9 (Vodafone) 3G WiFi N WiMax BT 2GB .3MP 32G Runcore XP
  (#10) Old

Default 07-15-2012, 03:49 AM

Hello, new here. Just got this yesterday. this will last 5+ hrs. Bought a Mini 9 White, 1GB ram, Runcore 32 GB SSD. OS 10.5.8, thats how I found this Forum.Upgraded 10.5.6. now I am in safe mode. But that is for a different post. Tom. Well found out I can not post link yet. I bought a batt, off Ebay for 22.95. 8 cell 44000, works great. If you want I will be back with a link. Tom