Ubuntu Discussion on Ubuntu on the Dell Inspiron Mini range of netbooks.

(#1) Old

Default Question about installing Flash 10 - 01-21-2009, 02:58 AM

Hi all,

I was reading on a thread about choppy streaming video problems with the Mini, and someone had suggested installing Flash 10 player instead of 9. I also happened upon this thread in another forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1035859&page=5

Anyway, I think I'm having a similar problem as this guy was having. After I install the Flash 10, I go into aboutlugins, and it's still showing Flash 9 as installed. What code would I type into "Terminal" to get rid of Flash 9 and replace with Flash 10? I don't want to use the same exact advice that was given in the other thread, because that guy had a different version of Flash and I don't know if the code would be totally different... P.S. I did try to search, I hope I didn't miss it

Edit: I followed the instructions in the thread below, but Im still showing as having Flash 9....

howto-upgrade-to-flash10-t956.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Question about installing Flash 10 - 01-22-2009, 12:56 AM

Ok, I finally got 10 on, and the video is now horrible. Ten times worse than before. Now, I cant get 9 on no matter what. No matter how many times I successfully reinstall 9, it still shows as 10. Does anyone know how to switch back?