General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old

Default Applejack okay to use? - 07-25-2010, 06:30 AM

Thought there was a thread about this already, but a search for "applejack" failed to bring it up...

Like it says, does anyone know if the great maintenance utility Applejack is safe to use on a Mini 9 (mine's running Win 7 and 10.6.3.)
  (#2) Old

Default 07-26-2010, 09:52 PM

I do, in fact I've been using it for several months without a problem. A new version was recently released that works with SL. BTW, I'm dual-booting SL & W7.
  (#3) Old

Default Applejack Use on Mini - 08-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logjam View Post
I do, in fact I've been using it for several months without a problem. A new version was recently released that works with SL. BTW, I'm dual-booting SL & W7.

We used to use "Applejack" all the time, but we've never been able to get it to work on the Mini9; for some reason the computer will not boot into "single user" on startup (by holding down the "command/Alt" key and the "S" key.) Without booting into "single user" mode, "Applejack" cannot be run.

Is there some special method you are using for booting into "single user" mode on the mini9?

Thanks for sharing your method of booting into "single user mode".
  (#4) Old

Default 08-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerscramp View Post
Is there some special method you are using for booting into "single user" mode on the mini9?
If you installed mac os x using NBI or dellEfi, you should be using chamaleon as bootloader. While booting keep shift key pressed until you see an arrow under your Mac installed disk, and then type "-s" (without quotes) Check the bottom left of the screen, you should see this: "boot: -s" then press enter to start boot process. You should be running single user mode now.

Dell Inspiron Mini 1011 -- Mac OS X 10.6.5 -- Ubuntu 10.10 -- Windows 7 -- Bluetooth always on (don't know why) -- Hibernate and sleep working
  (#5) Old

Default 08-12-2010, 10:20 AM

Just make sure you DON'T clean the caches. If you do, your mini will not boot thereafter.

Dell Mini 9 : OS X 10.6.8 : BIOS A05
32GB STEC SSD : 2GB RAM
NBI Version : Latest
SpeedStep : [Enabled]
USB Legacy support : [Disabled]