General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#81) Old

Default 12-27-2009, 07:41 PM

The 0.8.3 Final still didn't work for me, but your NBI Guide #2 (with two USB drives) worked and was extremely easy. Running 10.6.2 and looking good!

One issue I still need to look into is I have no sound from the speakers, although I have audio from the headphone jack just fine. I guess that's a little OT for this thread though.
  (#82) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 12-27-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
The 0.8.3 Final still didn't work for me, but your NBI Guide #2 (with two USB drives) worked and was extremely easy. Running 10.6.2 and looking good!

One issue I still need to look into is I have no sound from the speakers, although I have audio from the headphone jack just fine. I guess that's a little OT for this thread though.
Glad that the other one worked for you. You can always try reinstalling the extensions from NetbookInstaller to try to get your sound working properly.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#83) Old

Default 12-30-2009, 03:32 AM

I just thought I'd bump your thread, perhaps no one saw it the first time around...

17" White iMac: OSX 10.6.2
8GB iPod Touch 2G OS 3.1.2
Dell Mini 10v (1011), OSX 10.6.2
  (#84) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 12-30-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkosanke View Post
I have tried numerous ways to install SL on the 10v and all attempts have failed with the bootloader not initiating. I just recently have been trying the NetbookCD method, and this is the error I recieve:

:
reading ramdisk image: bt(0,0)/Extra/Preboot.dmg/
no ramdisk config...

mounting: done
\

And it sits there. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana View Post
I just thought I'd bump your thread, perhaps no one saw it the first time around...
I didn't respond because it was a topic by itself, I've merged it now.

There really isn't much I can say for fixing this issue. You really only havfe two options:
1) Reburn the disc (if you used a rewritable disc, try a different one.)
2) Try a different DVD drive. Some don't work so hot with NetbookCD and Mac OS.

Otherwise, I'm at a loss for troubleshooting.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#85) Old

Default 12-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Thanks a TON.
Installed with no problems on a 10V with the A06 Bios using a retail 10.6 copy of OSX.
Didn't have audio at first but after I did the auto 10.6.2 update and reran the netbookinstaller 0.8.3 again it worked like a charm. I ran into an issue with coming out of sleep when opening the lid but I followed this post and it took care of it (MyDellMini_Link).

BTW - I used a Plextor PX-610U to install. Whats weird is that when I would try to boot with f12 and pick CD it doesn't work, but when I set the CD as the first boot device it works with no problem. You guys might want to try that if you are having issues with an external drive not booting off of the quick menu.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
  (#86) Old

Default 01-05-2010, 10:40 PM

hi all

i have a couple of questions regarding my mini9 os x install (from a retail disk and xbox 360 hd dvd drive):

i tried using the 0.8.3 final release but kept getting kernel panic errors so after reading this post i decided to try using the older 1.1 iso that was mentioned in this thread.

using the older v1.1 gets me further then before - no kernel panic error, it loads up a screen with the apple space style background and a spinning colored pinwheel in the corner, after quite some time the pinwheel vanished just leaving the background ... i left it for around 30 mins and still nothing, so i went to turn the mini 9 off - pressed the power button and instantly the pinwheel appeared again, left it for another 30 mins and nothing has happened - wheel still spinning endlessly ... any ideas on how i can get past this?

thanks!!
  (#87) Old

Default Peace of mind - 03-04-2010, 06:25 AM

Just 2 days with a Hackintosh Mini 10v and I did something in Ubuntu that killed the bootloader. This thread, the NetbookCD and guide, and a USB DVD drive I was using with an old Dell 700m and I was back in business in about 30 minutes! Thank you!

Now I need to learn to be more careful when I don't know what I'm doing ... um, yeah, sure

Black Dell Mini10v - 320GB HD - 2GB RAM - DecalSkin
Windows XP Home - Snow Leopard OS X - A05 BIOS
  (#88) Old

Default 03-04-2010, 04:05 PM

This might be a dumb question, but I'm running the 0.8.5 Beta from a few months ago. Should I switch to 0.8.3 Final? Will anything change (I assume something will)? Thanks
  (#89) Old

Default 06-19-2010, 02:29 AM

Hi, I just recently got the retail version of SL 10.6.3, will NetbookCD 0.8.3 RC4 work okay for the initial install of this retail version? Thanks in advance...
  (#90) Old

Default 06-19-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteboyzzz View Post
Hi, I just recently got the retail version of SL 10.6.3, will NetbookCD 0.8.3 RC4 work okay for the initial install of this retail version? Thanks in advance...
I think you need to look first at these installation guides; depending on where you are starting, one will work better than another for you.
Guides | OS X | mechdrew

Then look at
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...te-thread.html

This thread where you posted really is a bit old. I, too, was confused when I saw these older (and somewhat outdated) threads as top of the page as stickies.

J