General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Expert Member

Default NetbookInstaller 0.8.1 released - 07-01-2009, 01:28 AM

Based on feedback from Dell and Lenovo users Meklort was able to produce version 0.8.1 of the installer. It is not perfect yet but it is getting better.

Please feel free to try it and provide feedback to make the installer better support the S10!

Link to release notes:

netputing.com • View topic - NetbookInstaller 0.8.1 Realesed

Link to installation guide:

netputing.com • View topic - How to install with NetbookBootMaker

Cheers!

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
  (#2) Old

Default 07-01-2009, 05:26 AM

Would it be possible to include the bluetooth fix in the next release? http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...minal-mod.html
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-01-2009, 10:50 AM

I'll have to give it a whirl in a little bit here. I had some of the issues that were discussed as being fixed with .80a. I do like it though.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-01-2009, 10:59 AM

Oh, and a huge suggestion. With regards to the 10v, can we get the option to install just the trackpad kexts from the old DellEFI 1.1? I find the trackpad to be much more bearable that way versus what was installed. Seems to not like the fact that the buttons are part of the trackpad itself. I was about to rip the little hair that I have on my head out last night when I booted into OS X for the first time since netbookinstaller 0.8.0 was released.

(#5) Old
Expert Member

Default 07-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguish View Post
Oh, and a huge suggestion. With regards to the 10v, can we get the option to install just the trackpad kexts from the old DellEFI 1.1? I find the trackpad to be much more bearable that way versus what was installed. Seems to not like the fact that the buttons are part of the trackpad itself. I was about to rip the little hair that I have on my head out last night when I booted into OS X for the first time since netbookinstaller 0.8.0 was released.
I added this to the 0.8.2 suggestion list. I am waiting for a Mini10v so I wil be able to better support that specific model.

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
  (#6) Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-01-2009, 01:37 PM

Sounds good. The jerkiness of the trackpad drives me nuts!

(#7) Old

Default 07-01-2009, 08:06 PM

10v coming on Thursday. I'll give 0.8.1 a shot with a 10.5.5 Retail DVD and a MacBook Pro.
  (#8) Old

Default 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM

I had this happen on 0.8 as well, but I'm curious -- when I boot up and it's loading through chameleon, I get an error message before os x loads up that the hibernate file is a certain number of seconds too old.

what does this message mean, and does it indicate any error? I DID check disable hibernate in the efi/ netbookinstaller thing.
  (#9) Old
Expert Member

Default 07-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
I had this happen on 0.8 as well, but I'm curious -- when I boot up and it's loading through chameleon, I get an error message before os x loads up that the hibernate file is a certain number of seconds too old.

what does this message mean, and does it indicate any error? I DID check disable hibernate in the efi/ netbookinstaller thing.
Chameleon supposedly support resuming from hibernation files... but it does not work on Dell Mini... Therefore simply disable hibernation on the Mini.

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
  (#10) Old

Default 07-02-2009, 03:15 AM

I managed to do this on a mini 9 with a 10.5.0 DVD. It all works initially, but when I finish running all the updates, I'm pretty consistently getting to a state where I can reach the grey Apple screen with the spinning wheel, and the wheel spins forever. Booting into safe mode has the same result.

Probably not related, but I notice there's an unhidden mach_kernel.10.5.6 at the root of the mini 9 SSD when I'm all done. Given that there's also a hidden mach kernel, is there any reason to keep the unhidden kernel file?