Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old

Default Any harm in not updating OS X 10.6.3 ?? - 11-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Hi All,

I just installed 10.6.3 and, surprise surprise, the update to 10.6.8 didn't work.
So after reading many post I got the impression that 10.6.7 should work just fine. So I reinsstalled 10.6.3 and.....well that was to optimistic, this also didn't work.
I'm now running 10.6.3 without any problems and I'm wondering if, for basic use, it is necessary to update to a higher OS X version?
I did my updates with a combo update package so not through the updater programme. Oh and the NBI 0.8.4 RC1.

Cheers,

Martijn
  (#2) Old

Default 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroi50 View Post
Hi All,

I just installed 10.6.3 and, surprise surprise, the update to 10.6.8 didn't work.
So after reading many post I got the impression that 10.6.7 should work just fine. So I reinsstalled 10.6.3 and.....well that was to optimistic, this also didn't work.
I'm now running 10.6.3 without any problems and I'm wondering if, for basic use, it is necessary to update to a higher OS X version?
I did my updates with a combo update package so not through the updater programme. Oh and the NBI 0.8.4 RC1.

Cheers,

Martijn
I'm still on 10.6.2 and loving it.
Everything works, bluetooth etc and also the ability to tether my iPhone internet connection using bluetooth to connect my Mini 9 to the internet.
Tried all the others (10.6.7+) without success.

Dell Mini 9 : OS X 10.6.8 : BIOS A05
32GB STEC SSD : 2GB RAM
NBI Version : Latest
SpeedStep : [Enabled]
USB Legacy support : [Disabled]