Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#91) Old

Default 02-02-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinifarm View Post
I have had issues with TextEdit in the past as it persistently added a visible (or hidden) .txt extension in the end, which then screws up everything, and is hard to remove (need to use terminal). Gets old pretty fast. I have heard that character encoding may also be a problem, even though I have never experienced it. Using TextWrangler, or any other true code editor works better, than using a word processor.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it another try with TextWrangler instead of TextEdit and see how it goes. I got some noise on my audio last time so I took it back out.

Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB Stock STEC SSD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI 0.8.4(20100616212351)
  (#92) Old

Default 02-14-2010, 08:41 PM

Major Thanks to Bikinifarm for posting this fix

Would anyone please so kind to help upload AppleHDA.kext 1.7.9 ?
I've only got version 1.6.8 and unfortunately the previous rapidshare links no longer work. I've tried following the instructions to the letter, however still no audio setting displaying and no mic

Really appreciate if anyone can upload this file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Managed to get the correct version of AppleHDA.kext .. now have perfect audio WITH Mic !!!

Thanks again to Bikinifarm and everyone on this forum.

Keep up the good work
  (#93) Old

Default 02-14-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonK View Post
Major Thanks to Bikinifarm for posting this fix

Would anyone please so kind to help upload AppleHDA.kext 1.7.9 ?
I've only got version 1.6.8 and unfortunately the previous rapidshare links no longer work. I've tried following the instructions to the letter, however still no audio setting displaying and no mic

Really appreciate if anyone can upload this file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Managed to get the correct version of AppleHDA.kext .. now have perfect audio WITH Mic !!!

Thanks again to Bikinifarm and everyone on this forum.

Keep up the good work
Looks like just a minute or two late, but here you go;

AppleHDA.kext
  (#94) Old

Default 02-15-2010, 09:10 AM

This fix is gold. I'm 100% functional.
  (#95) Old

Default 02-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Works great - thanks!

---
Dell Mini 9, 2GB RAM, 64GB Runcore SSD, 0.3 MP camera, BT, Dell 1505 802.11n card, Dell 5530 3G card, 3M Vikuiti ARMP200 Anti-Reflection-Film, OS X 10.6.4
  (#96) Old

Default another guy needing AppleHDA.kext 1.7.9 - 02-17-2010, 05:52 AM

Hello all. I've been studying this thread to learn how to fix the non-working mic on my Mini9 running OS 10.6.2.

Reading the thread, I was under the impression that having installed OS 10.6 and then updating to 10.6.2 via Software Update, I would find that AppleHDA.kext 1.7.9a4 would be present on my machine. Instead, I find only 1.6.8a3. My understanding is that I need 1.7.9a4, correct? Unfortunately the rapidshare link provided by bikinifarm has reached its download limit. May I please beg a copy from someone?

Also, can anyone explain what install or update method is supposed to install 1.7.9a4? I don't understand why I've got 1.6.8a3 instead.

Lastly, a (perhaps) dumb question: Why are the /Extra and /Extra.bak folders invisible in the Finder? How do I make them visible?
  (#97) Old

Default 02-17-2010, 07:44 AM

I need to taste the sweet, sweet nectar of an unmodified AppleHDA.kext

Anyone out there?
  (#98) Old

Default 02-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars476 View Post
Reading the thread, I was under the impression that having installed OS 10.6 and then updating to 10.6.2 via Software Update, I would find that AppleHDA.kext 1.7.9a4 would be present on my machine. Instead, I find only 1.6.8a3. My understanding is that I need 1.7.9a4, correct? Unfortunately the rapidshare link provided by bikinifarm has reached its download limit. May I please beg a copy from someone?

Also, can anyone explain what install or update method is supposed to install 1.7.9a4? I don't understand why I've got 1.6.8a3 instead.
The reason is that since meklort's netbook installer moves things around, you may not have the latest AppleHDA.kext on your system, if the 10.6.2 update was done after meklort installer (very likely), and the apple updater did not update properly. The best to use is 1.7.9a4, even though an earlier version may also work, and I suspect many people are using. I will attach link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrice View Post
I need to taste the sweet, sweet nectar of an unmodified AppleHDA.kext

Anyone out there?
Here you go... AppleHDA.kext

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars476 View Post
Lastly, a (perhaps) dumb question: Why are the /Extra and /Extra.bak folders invisible in the Finder? How do I make them visible?
I think this is an option in the netbook installer.
  (#99) Old

Default 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM

very timely server fail by rapidshare

thanks for the upload though. I'll post back when I can get through
  (#100) Old

Default 02-18-2010, 03:28 AM

All going - cheated and downloaded the DSDT file from bikinifarm, replaced the file in /extra and replaced the appleHDA.kext in /extra/mini9ext ran the updater and mike now working.

Yes could have decompiled copied in text etc - but tries the shortcut, and it worked. Mic and sound all OK - tested using skype.

Thanks for this thread help much appreciated - even took a google search to find the /extra folder (bloody novices like me!!!!) still its all worked and operational so thanks again.

All I need now is someone to figure out how to get the GPS running and everything is totally functional!!!

Tags
audio microphone snow