General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#121) Old

Default Audio Update dsdt - 11-25-2009, 10:04 AM

Dsdt modified with the audio part pls check line in line 1970 (Device (HDEF)) BBEdit (mac) Also check line 302 ,also check my dsdt for the cmos fix else snow leopard will reset ur bios setting after every reboot

dsdt.aml

Kext i removed AppleHDA.kext from Sys/Lib/Ext..pls do make a backup of this kext before u remove it as u can always put it back..testing audio works still fine

Also My Extra/Extension (Only for mac snow leopard 10.6.2 ) folder http://www.mediafire.com/?dj1imhgymj2

(#122) Old

Default 11-25-2009, 10:58 AM

Darn still no audio and trackpad... I'm thinking that the kexts are not working because I'm running OSX from an external USB HDD. Weird problem only when using VoodooPS2 from USB stick

EDIT:
Weird.. audio suddenly worked. I just had to the fix permissions and put it in S/L/E. I saw in the kernel.log that the trackpad driver got loaded. It was identified as ALPS but it's still not working.

EDIT2:
OH YES! both audio and trackpad are now working! I just had to install VoodooHDA and ApplePS2 to S/L/E. One issue left... QE/CI :P

EDIT3:
Has anyone tested their webcam (through PhotoBooth)? The webcam image is kinda dark even if it's very bright.

Dell Mini 10: Snow Leopard 10.6.1 | BIOS: A11
  (#123) Old

Default 11-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by is44c View Post
Have you tried the modded Netbook Bootmaker I've uploaded? The original netbook bootmaker won't work. You need the VAIOPEnabler.kext that comes from Ryu123. I have included the necessary kexts in this netbook bookmaker so that you don't need to manually add them. Alternatively I can also mod the netbook bootmaker to include only the kexts from Darylzero if that works better for you.

is44c
Also try to install in safe mode with -x switch if you still see kernel panic... I hope to get the audio work with Darylzero's dsdt patches...
  (#124) Old

Default 11-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkcee View Post
Darn still no audio and trackpad... I'm thinking that the kexts are not working because I'm running OSX from an external USB HDD. Weird problem only when using VoodooPS2 from USB stick

EDIT:
Weird.. audio suddenly worked. I just had to the fix permissions and put it in S/L/E. I saw in the kernel.log that the trackpad driver got loaded. It was identified as ALPS but it's still not working.

EDIT2:
OH YES! both audio and trackpad are now working! I just had to install VoodooHDA and ApplePS2 to S/L/E. One issue left... QE/CI :P

EDIT3:
Has anyone tested their webcam (through PhotoBooth)? The webcam image is kinda dark even if it's very bright.

yeah my webcam is very dark when i used photobooth!

and @irc44

i had isntalled os x on guid not mbr like the guide said :
  (#125) Old

Default 11-25-2009, 04:18 PM

@adamtj09
I tried the webcam in Windows and it's also dark.

@is44c
Try installing the kexts in S/L/E... make sure to fix the permissions.. the VoodooHDA that I'm using is not the one from darylzero's file.. got it somewhere else.. try looking for other versions if the one from darylzero doesn't work.

(#126) Old

Default 11-25-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
@adamtj09
I tried the webcam in Windows and it's also dark.

@is44c
Try installing the kexts in S/L/E... make sure to fix the permissions.. the VoodooHDA that I'm using is not the one from darylzero's file.. got it somewhere else.. try looking for other versions if the one from darylzero doesn't work.
Thanks Mrkcee, I think you are right about the VoodooHDA.kext, I have downloaded from other place and that one get audio work after I boot Windows first but still doesn't work if I boot directly to OSX. I have just tried the dsdt.aml from DarylZero and repair the permissions. Now the audio works on my Dell mini 12!!! Need to check if it works also on my friend's Mini 10. I will update the netbook bootmaker later...

Edit: Updated the netbook bootmaker. Remember to repair boot disk permissions after installation and Audio will work. Now only Sleep and Native resolution (1280x800) not work for me on Mini 12.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyemnmxozhw
  (#127) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 06:51 AM

check, the voodoo.kext, in combination with removal of applehda.kext fixes the sound. (did not change dsdt)

[edit]
added this to the how-to on page 11...
[/edit]

Anybody can tell me how to update to 10.6.1? Just install the combo-update?

Gadget Junk
  (#128) Old

Default 11-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeltje View Post
check, the voodoo.kext, in combination with removal of applehda.kext fixes the sound. (did not change dsdt)

[edit]
added this to the how-to on page 11...
[/edit]

Anybody can tell me how to update to 10.6.1? Just install the combo-update?
If you use the NBI method, you only need to run the 10.6.1 upgrade and then run the NBI again to install bootloader and extensions. 10.6.2 requires some trick that DarylZero highlighted earlier in this thread and again you can run NBI to install the extensions after upgrade to 10.6.2. Remember to repair permissions always...
  (#129) Old

Default 11-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Anyone experiencing "crackling" sounds in their audio?

(#130) Old

Default 11-27-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by is44c View Post
If you use the NBI method, you only need to run the 10.6.1 upgrade and then run the NBI again to install bootloader and extensions. 10.6.2 requires some trick that DarylZero highlighted earlier in this thread and again you can run NBI to install the extensions after upgrade to 10.6.2. Remember to repair permissions always...
I didn't use that method, I did the "longer" how-to
If I can get to 10.6.2 without issues, that would even be better obviously. Any hints, in n00b-lingo?

Quote:
Anyone experiencing "crackling" sounds in their audio?
No Cracklin at all...

[edit] not on internal, however, on audio out it does crackle... strange [/edit]

Gadget Junk