StreakDroid Android Development forums for StreakDroid.com

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#1) Old

Default Bricked using QDL? - 01-12-2011, 04:26 PM

So how many folks have bricked their phones using QDL? I bricked my first white streak and took it back to best buy and got a black one. Trying to gauge the amount of folks that have bricked their Streaks to see if I should try this again. As I'm sure you are aware by now with it being the 12th and no word/sign of 2.2 coming to us AT&T locked folks.
  (#2) Old

Default 01-12-2011, 06:28 PM

ill let you know in a bit. i have ben checking my white streak for updates. if i dont have one today i will implement operation streakdroid and cut all ties to dell and as many as i can to att
  (#3) Old

Default 01-12-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahemi View Post
ill let you know in a bit. i have ben checking my white streak for updates. if i dont have one today i will implement operation streakdroid and cut all ties to dell and as many as i can to att
sounds good. Wonder why everyone is afraid to reply? 20 views and mine in the only reply? there have to have been folks that were successful that would answer no.
  (#4) Old

Default 01-12-2011, 08:53 PM

i just completed the process and had noproblems at all. i followed the guide step by step it was perfect. it may have helped having 2 computers, one to watch the guide and another to do the process. many thanks to dj steve and everyone else who pitched in on this.

now i have to figure out how to play with my phone again lol. and dont forget to back up all of you info before you start. i used the dell back up and restore app in the market.
  (#5) Old

Default 01-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
i just completed the process and had noproblems at all. i followed the guide step by step it was perfect. it may have helped having 2 computers, one to watch the guide and another to do the process. many thanks to dj steve and everyone else who pitched in on this.

now i have to figure out how to play with my phone again lol. and dont forget to back up all of you info before you start. i used the dell back up and restore app in the market.
how does the back up and restore help if the QDl formats your phone anyways?
  (#6) Old

Default 01-12-2011, 11:11 PM

i did the back up restore in a previous unsuccessful attempt to up update my streak. when i went to update the phone today everything came up and worked fine but i had no contacts no apps non of my ringtones, etc... i downloaded the dell app again and opened it. it gave me the option to back up or restore, i hit restore. it loaded all of my contacts, text messages, phone records, and gave a list of app to reinstall. i thought i was screwed on the contact note because i didnt do a back up since this one and thought it would have been wiped but there it was

i think it copies them to the sd card
  (#7) Old

Default 01-14-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
i did the back up restore in a previous unsuccessful attempt to up update my streak. when i went to update the phone today everything came up and worked fine but i had no contacts no apps non of my ringtones, etc... i downloaded the dell app again and opened it. it gave me the option to back up or restore, i hit restore. it loaded all of my contacts, text messages, phone records, and gave a list of app to reinstall. i thought i was screwed on the contact note because i didnt do a back up since this one and thought it would have been wiped but there it was

i think it copies them to the sd card
ahhh I see. I wish more people would answer. I'd like to get a good read on was my bricking a fluke. I don't think I'll be getting the OTA update to 2.2 until the end of the month since I didn't get my streak until Dec.
  (#8) Old

Default 01-14-2011, 02:59 AM

I updated my white streak today without any issues. I also used two computers. One to watch the instructions and one for the dirty work.
  (#9) Old

Default 01-14-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolicallyRandom View Post
I updated my white streak today without any issues. I also used two computers. One to watch the instructions and one for the dirty work.
Just finished with QDL. I am now on 2.2. YES!!!!!!! Downside is I know longer have a data connection. So have to figure out what setting got fooked.
  (#10) Old

Default 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukemecuke View Post
Just finished with QDL. I am now on 2.2. YES!!!!!!! Downside is I know longer have a data connection. So have to figure out what setting got fooked.
got it all squared away with APN settings here. Did the update to 318 today. The stock one from QDL was hella quirky and unstable. This one seems to be rock solid. Still not getting the quadrant scores others are getting, but I won't notice the difference. All I'm gonna do now is root and setCPU, then call it a day. My work can now be happy as I get my exchange back on my "work" phone. WOOT!!!!! I like stock, so I don't see me going to any of the Custom ROM's for a while. I'll post how I got QDL to work as it took me a couple tries last night to get it to work. I will say when it was running, restarting, building the new cache, etc it was the longest 7 minutes of my LIFE. My wife got to the point she told me to sit down away from the computer cause I was making her nervous getting up and pacing around. lol