Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old

Default New Graphics Drivers - Win 7 - 03-11-2010, 07:54 PM

I haven't seen a post on this yet, but there's new graphics drivers as of March 4th. I usually am on top of it and just noticed because dr3d said something about them in this post: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...n-pentium.html

Bunch of good Win 7 64-bit fixes. It might even fix that wierd screen issue when coming back from sleep mode. I'll test it out over the next few days and post my results.

Dell Inspiron 11z - Celeron 723 Processor - 4GB 800mhz RAM - Western Digital 250GB AV-25 - Intel 5300 Wireless N - Dell 365 Bluetooth - Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#2) Old

Default 03-12-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanborn View Post
I haven't seen a post on this yet, but there's new graphics drivers as of March 4th. I usually am on top of it and just noticed because dr3d said something about them in this post: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...n-pentium.html

Bunch of good Win 7 64-bit fixes. It might even fix that wierd screen issue when coming back from sleep mode. I'll test it out over the next few days and post my results.
Yeah i think i mentioned elsewhere that this new driver does indeed fix that pixel garbage problem seen when you re-attach power during sleep

I have also noticed a significant speed up in some Flash apps. The tradeoff seems to be a decrease in memory ops per second Experience Index. Mine dropped from 5.5 to 4.7 after upgrading to this driver. Since main PC RAM is used by the 4500MHD it appears something was adjusted to give better thruput for graphics ? ... just a guess.

Anyway I am very pleased with this latest
  (#3) Old

Default 03-14-2010, 10:42 AM

Hi,

First post here.
I just installed the new Intel graphics driver (thanks for the heads up) but now there is no audio when HDMI is plugged in.
I have to disable the speakers in order for the HDMI to have sound. Is there an Intel audio update or has anyone else found a fix. In fact does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
  (#4) Old

Default 03-16-2010, 10:25 AM

So, to answer my own question, all you have to do is plug in the 11Z to the HDMI display, in this case a 32" Sony Bravia, go to Sound settings in the control panel, click the HDMI device and set it as the default.
Unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable now swaps smoothly between speakers and HDMI audio.

Later
  (#5) Old

Default 03-19-2010, 04:29 AM

I just got my 11z today and updated to the lasted Mar. 5 display drivers. Now my screen does not turn off nor does the computer enter sleep mode when i close the lid. anyone else having this issue? thanks
  (#6) Old

Default 03-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
I just got my 11z today and updated to the lasted Mar. 5 display drivers. Now my screen does not turn off nor does the computer enter sleep mode when i close the lid. anyone else having this issue? thanks
No they work fine for me - no issues with sleep.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#7) Old

Default 03-19-2010, 10:53 PM

I figured it out. It was not related to the video drivers, but instead another program i installed not soon afterward. It was causing the hang ups. Thanks for your reply.