Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old

Default Fix for - 'Stuck on Dell logo after 2.1 update' (O2 only) - 09-04-2010, 11:12 AM

I thought i'd give the people having this problem a fix. My gf brought her phone to me after running the update and getting stuck on the Dell logo.

Just to be on the safe side, we left the phone there for 2hours just to make sure it wasn't going to fix itself. Unfortunately the phone was pretty much bricked, no use at all.

It appears that a specific version of the 1.6 firmware and software version locks up after upgrading to 2.1. To get around this, you need to flash to the stock O2 version of 1.6 then run the upgrade to 2.1.

I was fortunate to come across another users post on the modaco forums that have the links to the original pkg for 1.6 O2 phones.

Stock 1.6 PKG - http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/down...04_4399_21.pkg

Download the above file, copy this to your SDcard (you will need to use a micro sd reader or potentially another phone that uses micro sd to copy the file on.

Download the pkg file above and copy it to your microSD card named 'update.pkg'.
Place the SD card in the phone.
Hold down both volume buttons on the phone and select the power button
You will be presented with 4 options, Select update firmware from pkg
Allow the process to fully complete
The phone will reboot (takes about 5-10mins to fully complete and you should see O2 bubble logo)

Once rebooted and your phone is now usable, you can now either update directly through the prompt you get from Dell/O2

Dell Streak Android update is the procedure to use.

However, you can run the update manually.

The file can be downloaded from

Upgrade Landing Page

Download this, copy to the MicroSD card and rename to update.pkg

Run the update the same as previously. Boom a working 2.1 O2 phone

Cheers all. On a side note I have the files uploaded to my FTP if any of the links stop functioning let me know.

Im aware this is my first post and the phone isnt even mine, I thought i'd save the grief of fixing this for other dell streak users. Makes me want to stick to my LG540 even more :P

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I didn't proof read what I put, so if anything isnt clear please post and let me know.
  (#2) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 12:34 PM

Brilliant, thank you!

Last edited by shoppingtelly; 09-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.
  (#3) Old

Unhappy link gone - 09-04-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconEvo View Post
I thought i'd give the people having this problem a fix. My gf brought her phone to me after running the update and getting stuck on the Dell logo.

Just to be on the safe side, we left the phone there for 2hours just to make sure it wasn't going to fix itself. Unfortunately the phone was pretty much bricked, no use at all.

It appears that a specific version of the 1.6 firmware and software version locks up after upgrading to 2.1. To get around this, you need to flash to the stock O2 version of 1.6 then run the upgrade to 2.1.

I was fortunate to come across another users post on the modaco forums that have the links to the original pkg for 1.6 O2 phones.

Stock 1.6 PKG - http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/down...04_4399_21.pkg
I couldn't find the pkg file in the above link to the official O2 1.6 package file mentioned above - anyone know where else I can find it? Thanks

Last edited by decimal; 09-04-2010 at 02:31 PM.
  (#4) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decimal View Post
I couldn't find the pkg file in the above link to the official O2 1.6 package file mentioned above - anyone know where else I can find it? Thanks
I got it from Streak_104_4399_21.pkg
  (#5) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Hang on, I will link to my FTP.

I still have the file on there. It will be in zip format. Ill add MIME types of PKG on hosting later

http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStre...04_4399_21.zip

Unzip and copy to MicroSD card. Glad I saved the pkg files now!

I will upload both files to a zip and place them on FTP. Give me afew mins to upload em both
  (#6) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconEvo View Post
Hang on, I will link to my FTP.

I still have the file on there. It will be in zip format. Ill add MIME types of PKG on hosting later

http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStre...04_4399_21.zip

Unzip and copy to MicroSD card. Glad I saved the pkg files now!

I will upload both files to a zip and place them on FTP. Give me afew mins to upload em both

Thanks very much for this help - I have 1.6 up and running again. Not going to bother with 2.1 again! Now just need to see if Touchdown will install with license intact

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppingtelly View Post
Thanks
  (#7) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 03:33 PM

To make life easier for everyone, I've uploaded both the pkg files onto my FTP into a zip folder. Saves getting each file from different locations!

here is the link - http://94.229.165.73/Falcon/DellStreak/AndroidO2Fix.zip
Right click - Save As

Anyone wishing to MD5 the contents, feel free
  (#8) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 05:05 PM

take the SD card out and boot up without it. Tell me if the same problem occurs
  (#9) Old

Red face sticking with 1.6 - 09-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcltd View Post
I got back to 1.6 thanks to the procedure above and proceeded to use the Dell upgrade route. This time the Dell screen disappeared, O2 appeared and then the Millenium dome and "preparing SD card". Time and date reset properly, 3G connection seemed to be available but the touch screen had no icons and the home, back and setting keys juts buzzed when pressed.
A padlock and a loudspeaker icon appeared bottom and top respectively: one disappears when the other is pressed but nothing else happens.

Worst of all, having repeated the "return to 1.6" procedure, the option for Firmware update does not appear. Choosing "factory reset" takes me back to the Millenium DOme and nothing else. Help!
Hmm. I'm sticking with 1.6 then. I have a feeling that the current O2 2.1 build needs a bit more work from Dell... At least I have a working device with 1.6 and the new bugs being reported don't make the upgrade sound too enticing!
  (#10) Old

Default 09-04-2010, 05:49 PM

Reports of the second 2.1 failure were premature. I made a cup of tea and on return the padlock icon responded to touch and on sliding unlocked the Streak and all the icons appeared. All seems to be well now, but there might of been some indication of the need to be a bit more patient. First impressions - quicker, smoother, icons bigger so fewer fit on screen. Not sure I like the new keyboard. It was good to have numbers and letters all on screen at once. Now its more like an iPad. More later maybe