Mac OS X Development Development and discussion on the latest hackintosh drivers and methods.

(#1) Old

Default Add other kexts in NBI image? - 11-20-2009, 04:26 AM

Can I just put kexts in the Extra/10.x folder of the preboot.img file?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 11-20-2009, 06:09 AM

I don't think that will work. Are you referring to the image found in my NBI2 guide?

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old

Default 11-20-2009, 06:19 AM

Yes.. that's the one. Is it possible to do it by just adding?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-20-2009, 06:29 AM

Thing is, the extensions are actually stored in an Extensions.mkext cache. When I initially was playing around with the whole process, I couldn't get it to read the actual extensions, but it would read them from the cache. That's how it has worked ever since.

But here's what you can do: Download a tool called MKext Tool. Go to the /Extra/10.x folder in the Preboot.dmg file and open the Extensions.mkext in MKext Tool. You need to extract it to an empty folder on your harddrive, then add you own kexts to the same folder. Then, repack it using MKext Tool, and copy the new Extensions.mkext to replace the old one.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#5) Old

Default 11-20-2009, 04:50 PM

Oh ok... I don't really have an access to a Mac so I guess I can't do that. Thanks anyway.
  (#6) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-20-2009, 08:50 PM

If you want me to add them into a special version for you, I could do that.

(#7) Old

Default 11-21-2009, 03:51 AM

If you have time, here are the files: Dell Mini 10 SL

I just need the kexts from the "Extra" folder. (dont include the SleepEnabler.kext)

thanks
  (#8) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-21-2009, 05:12 AM

Here it is: NBI083RC4_1010SL.img.zip

I based it off the code from NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC4, so it can boot up 10.6.2 installs but won't automatically install the bootloader and kexts. If you want me to change it back to installing the bootloader and kexts but not being officially able to boot 10.6.2, I can do that. I excluded the SleepEnabler.kext but included everything else, let me know how it works out. I see that this is for the Mini 10 (model 1010) instructions so if you guys could compile some info together for me (I tried looking at the thread, it's kind of confusing) I would be glad to help out there as well, maybe even pass it along to meklort for official NetbookInstaller treatment.

(#9) Old

Default Adding kext - 05-23-2010, 04:31 AM

Hi i seem to be stuck at installation where I cant see my internal HDD's I can only see the external USB drive. Ive been told that I could solve that by inserting the SATA controller kext into the NB boot drive. How can I do this?