Dell Latitude 2100 Discussion on the Dell Latitude 2100, a rugged 10-inch netbook released to the educational market.

(#1) Old

Default Latitude 2100 OS X SL Installer Problems? - 10-13-2009, 12:34 AM

Hi All,
I have been trying to install 10.6 retail on a 2100 however I have been running into issues where it crashes durring install. I used netbookbootmaker 8.3RC3, I am noticing a strange behavior where the install UI wont appear on the screen unless the power cord is unplugged. If I leave the cord unplugged and continue with the install, I receive a kernel panic (not even a nice UI just full on txt output over the UI screen) where it mentions something about (excuse the brevity here) *powermodule*... . My first assumption is that the power management configuration needs to be added to the kext configuration however I wanted to see if this is a known issue and if anyone else has gotten around it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  (#2) Old

Smile 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM

it seems strange.although i have a dell laptop, i donnot encounter this problem. you can ask some professional person for help.

focus on the battery development.
http://www.batterystyle.com
  (#3) Old

Default 10-25-2009, 02:28 AM

I also cant install using netbookbootmaker 8.3RC3. I received the black screen with restart your computer during installation. I think someone said you need to use ideneb but i prefer to install the "original" mac os x as i have on my 10v.

Please let us know if you can make it.
  (#4) Old

Default 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM

(#5) Old

Default 11-13-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by is44c View Post
Oooh, thanks for those links!
  (#6) Old

Default Latitude 2100 Snow Leopard doesn't like the battery... - 03-16-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispybit View Post
Hi All,
I have been trying to install 10.6 retail on a 2100 however I have been running into issues where it crashes durring install. I used netbookbootmaker 8.3RC3, I am noticing a strange behavior where the install UI wont appear on the screen unless the power cord is unplugged. If I leave the cord unplugged and continue with the install, I receive a kernel panic (not even a nice UI just full on txt output over the UI screen) where it mentions something about (excuse the brevity here) *powermodule*... . My first assumption is that the power management configuration needs to be added to the kext configuration however I wanted to see if this is a known issue and if anyone else has gotten around it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I have discovered when trying to install SL on my 2100 (BIOS A04) that I will always get the kernel panic if I have the battery installed. If I remove the battery and just use AC power the process works as it should. However, I see the same behaviour during any major software update or NBI install. I can never seem to do any installations safely with the battery inserted.

So far I have everything working except sound. Even Ethernet works using the BCM5751 kext.

*** Addendum *** Now also have sound working using VoodooHDA kext, though volume is quite low even at maximum. Only thing that doesn't work is sleep. I disable Legacy USB in the BIOS, but sleep still is a no-go.

--Dan--
  (#7) Old

Default 04-07-2010, 12:44 AM

Has ANYONE created the install media in windows?

I cant seem to get the install to work. I dont have an external dvd drive, so I have been trying to make an retail flash drive from my retail disc, but Im not having any luck.

Going CRAZY

XA