Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old

Default microsoft word issue - 11-22-2011, 10:14 PM

hi guys,

I just installed office on my mini 10v on mac, and i'm having trouble actually loading into the damn thing!
whenever i open word it goes to the "what's new..." screen, and the only way to get past it seems to be off the bottom of the screen! i can't resize the window, and can't do anything (make a new document etc.) until i get past it. anyone else had this problem? anyone know how to get past it?

(#2) Old

Default 11-23-2011, 02:02 AM

Had the same problem when I installed Office. I just kept clicking away and dragging the cursor to the right of the screen, not knowing what else to do. Then all of the sudden the welcome screen flipped and the template screen showed up. I re-sized th window and unchecked the "show at startup" option. Not really high tech solution but it worked on two Hack Mini's. What the heck, give it a try.

_rob
  (#3) Old

Default 11-23-2011, 03:48 PM

nice one! i tried that, but must have gotten impatient just before it was gonna do it the first time. thanks for the advice
  (#4) Old

Default 11-23-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetilley View Post
nice one! i tried that, but must have gotten impatient just before it was gonna do it the first time. thanks for the advice
You might want to try OSX-ScaleResolution app that lets you virtually increase the resolution, making many of these oversized dialogs fit on your screen.

See this thread (particularly post #3):

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/faqs...esolution.html

-- Dan Shane --

Dell Latitude 2100 | Ball Field Green | 2 GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Dell Inspiron Duo | 2 GB RAM | 320GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)