Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Default Guide: Mini 10 Touchpad into Mini 10v - 09-04-2009, 02:25 PM

Thought I'd start a new thread as it might be a bit better to link to or move to the guides section if all the info is in one place

The part I ordered is this one (UK)
Manufacturer Part Number: X604K
UO Part no.: T009322
Description:...
Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shines on View Post
The only down side is that the trackpad is very sensitive at the default settings, but OSx seems to recognize this trackpad as a mouse and not a trackpad and as such you can adjust the speed settings under the 'mouse' tab in system preferences.
Did anyone ever figure out how to get this to show up as a trackpad, rather than a mouse?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:14 AM

works great! Thanks for the "how to"!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 PM

is the 10 trackpad smoother then the 10v? i broke my cable removing the trackpad and was wondering if this will be worth the upgrade. ordered used from ebay for 27 bucks, hope it works well!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:13 AM

I have just completed this mod, and it is worth every penny and second invested. Thanks to the OP and sneighbors!!! You guys ROCK!!!

The Mini-10 trackpad has the same surface as the 10v, but it still works 200% better.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM

Can you just use the same plate and everything instead of ripping both apart? Or is the ribbon cable not long enough? i dont know if this would be a great investment or not.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 AM

Completed this mod myself and it is totally worth it to eliminate the jerkiness that was driving everybody crazy. Much smoother better experience then before

The difference between the two trackpads that I am experiencing however is that I no longer have horizontal scrolling and the trackpad options in system preferences no longer work. For example if I deselect the two finger scroll option I can still two finger scroll. if I select edge scrolling I can still two finger scroll. I also notice that I have to triple finger click to right click, that is provided I tap it just right with the right combination of fingers, (its a hit an miss with this one) when before on the original 10v trackpad I can use two finger click like a regular macbook trackpad would react. If I deselect drag lock I can still double click and drag lock. Three finger swiping no longer works but it barely worked on the original 10v trackpad, though it did work. Also it seems you can no longer change the acceleration of the cursor and the scrolling.

Is there a current kext/driver available that I dont know about to fix this? The only reason I ask and know this should work is because I have a triple boot partition and in Ubuntu 11.10 I can horizontal scroll and everything else works perfectly

My OSX partition is 10.6.7, I used netbookinstaller special 20100616212351 and search all over google with no success to any drivers/kexts for mini 1011/10v using mini 1010 trackpads. Help
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM

This once-hot issue seems to have lost steam as the supply of 10v's has dried up, but I thought it might be worth mentioning that the "good" Mini10/1010 X604K touchpad assembly seems to be common on Ebay now, selling for about $10 used and a little more brand new - I just bought a new one for $15, shipped. That makes the upgrade considerably more interesting to those of us who who were discouraged by the price a couple years ago.
(OK, go ahead, tell me I bought the wrong one - at that price it was cheaper to buy-it-now the damn thing than spend another hour researching it!)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 AM

So is it still worth it to do this mod and "upgrade" to the x604k or did the drivers in the netbookinstaller get to the point that there is no real difference?
Comment

« Previous Tutorial | Next Tutorial »
Tutorial Tools