Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Thumbs up Mac Users' View on Hackintoshing a Mini 10v-Upgrade Ram, Update BIOS, Install OS X - 06-08-2009, 05:48 AM

Preamble
I'm a long-time Mac user (and Fanboy) but I'm also a collector of computers and gadgets from my past. I have a very nice collection of computers and gadgets, going back to CP/M. I have 10-15 Ataris (my first computer), 20-30 Macs and Apple IIs, including a Bandai Pippin and...

Dell Mini 10v, 2GB, 120GB, 6-Cell, BT, 802.11n | Mac OS X 10.6.1 - 10v Hackintosh Guide - Get Dropbox for Mac OS X 2GB Free
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 PM

I dont suggest trying 10.5.8 unless you are capable of easily going back to 10.5.7. The sleep issue was more than I cared to fight. No of the fixes worked for me. I did not see any advantage while using 10.5.8. I used timemachine to revert back.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 PM

I just used this guide take apart my 10v and upgrade the RAM (which worked, yay!) and I have a suggestion for step 3b (the removal of the keyboard).

If you take a paperclip (or really thin pointed object) and poke it into the middle screw hole from step 3a, it will drastically push up the keyboard, easily enough to grab hold of it and remove it without having to pry anything.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:26 PM

I'm running 10.6.2 with no problems on a Dell 10v with 1gb ram!
Well still have the sleep problem but thats not really an issue for me as rarely have to use it!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:33 PM

Help? Did I kill my 10v? Is my RAM bad?

I had everything working, dual-booting SL and XP, but upgraded both the RAM and HD at the same time using this guide. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but now when I hit the power button, the power light comes on and I hear a click, but the monitor remains black and there is no audio in the speakers or headphones. I never see the bios load. I'm hoping it's a matter of bad memory or even the wrong memory. The memory I bought is here: Amazon.com: Crucial Technology CT25664AC800 2GB 200-pin SODIMM DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module: Electronics

Anyone have any advice?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Retired Mini user

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshane View Post
Help? Did I kill my 10v? Is my RAM bad?

I had everything working, dual-booting SL and XP, but upgraded both the RAM and HD at the same time using this guide. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but now when I hit the power button, the power light comes on and I hear a click, but the monitor remains black and there is no audio in the speakers or headphones. I never see the bios load. I'm hoping it's a matter of bad memory or even the wrong memory. The memory I bought is here: Amazon.com: Crucial Technology CT25664AC800 2GB 200-pin SODIMM DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module: Electronics

Anyone have any advice?
Um, make a new post rather than hijack a dead thread?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 AM

Hello,
After a couple of months of debating I ordered a refurbished Dell Mini 10v to but Snow Leopard on to for a portable solution to my (Late 2006) 24 inch iMac 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo Extreme/ 4GB DDR2 RAM.

Thanks for all the guides guys i really think they will help me. I receive my 10v tomorrow and plan on doing this by the weekend and upgrade the ram to 2GB next week.

I have a few questions you might be able to help me wit about the hardware issues on the 10v with OSX, Will my mighty/magic mouse wotk with the Dell Mini 10v with the OSX installed?
Comment

Tags
2gb memory upgrade, dell mini 10v, hackintosh, os x

« Previous Tutorial | Next Tutorial »
Tutorial Tools