Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Default Downgrade your Mini 10v BIOS to A04 (Requires Windows) - 09-03-2009, 11:03 PM

## Note: There are risks associated with BIOS updates. Follow this process at your own peril. ##

1. Create a DOS bootable USB stick on your Windows computer

1a] Download USBDOS tools from the end of this guide.
1b] Unzip and run HPUSBFW with...
Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 AM

Default Ready Set Now What

Okay I'm ready to roll and downloaded, unzipped the file and it says I need Administrator rights to access???? Don't fail me now.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Nevermind, I'm a moron...forgot I borrowed this pc and I'm logged on as a guest....ho ho ho, here we go
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 PM

Default Bricked my brand new mini 10v

Fedex just drop off my mini 10v today, so I went to bestbuy and bought snow leopard 10.6 and a pny 8g usb. When I checked the bios on my netbook it was A06, so I followed the instructions to flash my bios to A04. I did it exactly liked it stated on how downgrade the bios. While it was flashing my mini 10v was making the loud beeps for a few minutes I thought I had it in the bag and then all of sudden the netbook abruptly shutdown. I freaked out and automatically new that wasn't good. I calmed myself down waited for the netbook to magically turn back on but nothing happened. I turned it back on and it was officially bricked nothing came up on the screen. Is there way to reflash the bios or unbrick it? thanks.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:45 PM

OK worked like a charm! There was a moment of panic when the system shut down and hung after the initial flash to A04 (using Max's instructions above) but then rebooted A-OK. After that, I booted into Windows and used the link below to run the Windows flash update to go to A05. Rebooted, checked BIOS setup, and all was well. THANKS!!!!!!

FYI: here is the Windows update link for BIOS A05:

Drivers and Downloads
Old 12-12-2009, 04:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sirtronics
Thumbs up my 2 cents

Ok I did the windows way and it was quick, perfect and EASY!
Thanks!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 AM

Just followed the first set of instructions, (Thanks OP) and It worked, My Bios are now A04, However, I was poking around in Windows (I'm waiting for the OSX installer to be finished being put on my flash drive) and I noticed that it's a dual core...As far as I knew Atoms were only single core, with intel having plans to make dual core ones later...Do I have one of the first dual core atoms?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerUCLA View Post
OK worked like a charm! There was a moment of panic when the system shut down and hung after the initial flash to A04 (using Max's instructions above) but then rebooted A-OK. After that, I booted into Windows and used the link below to run the Windows flash update to go to A05. Rebooted, checked BIOS setup, and all was well. THANKS!!!!!!

FYI: here is the Windows update link for BIOS A05:

Drivers and Downloads
If I'm not mistaken that link is for A05, and is not DOS. it is WinPhlash...so it wont work via USB method as described in this thread. If your going to use A05 you have to use this method:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...g-windows.html

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd hate to see someone try and use A05 linked above on a USB and jack everything up.

NBI 8.2 -> NBI 8.3RC2 -> NBI 8.3RC3 -> NBI 8.3RC5 -> NBI 8.3 alpha

USB Legacy Disabled | USB Wake Enabled | BT Enabled |

www.suckerpunchent.com
Old 12-17-2009, 08:50 PM

Will this down grading of the bios to version 4 work on Windows 7. Apparently my Mini 10v has been shipped from Amazon with Windows 7 starter on it.

Yes it will the screen looks a little different but it works
Old 12-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Great guide very simple. Painless!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 PM

Smile thanks

i would like to thak you all for the info on these pages i now have a dell 10v running snow leopard just great
Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write this guide. I have just successfully downgraded my Mini 10v to A04 from A06. I am just creating a disk image of my OS X Install DVD on my MacBook Pro and then its time for some hackadackery.
Comment

« Previous Tutorial | Next Tutorial »
Tutorial Tools