Steve
  (#362) Old

Default 11-13-2010, 03:19 AM

Was able to update to 10.6.5 on 1012.
  (#363) Old

Default 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfiem View Post
Exekatl, your process is correct but as i said before SL version doesn't match. You should use SL 10.6.0 DVD. Maybe you can find it from torrents.

BTW, you can check what causes to hanging by using -v flag at start up. Type -v and select installer you will see all progress instead of spinning wheel.

Good luck.
Thanks again for your reply.
I got a 10.6.0 dmg, and tried with NBBM 0.8.2, i boot with -v arch=i386 flags and make it to the installer, then i partitioned my hdd using GUID, then i proceed to install, and the progress bar appears but suddenly it stops and crashes. i have a screenshot:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4297/img0030a.jpg

what does this mean? what am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance
  (#364) Old

Default 10.6.5 update failed 1012 - 11-14-2010, 09:54 PM

I just updated my mini 1012 to 10.6.5 from 10.6.4. It installed ok, restarted, got the nbi icon, it autorestarted, had to boot with "arch=i386" and now it's giving me that kernel panic screen and won't boot up. I need to get this fixed by Tuesday as I have class then. I am using the 0.8.4 pre version of NBI. Help!
- My screen looks similar to the above post by Exekatl
- stupid me did not make a backup before I did this. I do have Windows 7 on a second partition so if, using macdrive, I can alter files of the OS X partition will help, please, do tell.

Fix - I fixed the issue with help from meklort. I had to boot with arch=i386 pmVersion=0

Last edited by Madcamper; 11-16-2010 at 12:41 AM.
  (#365) Old

Default 11-17-2010, 01:25 PM

i tried adding pmVersion=0, and still crashes at the same place, any other idea would be appreciated...
  (#366) Old

Default 11-17-2010, 09:41 PM

make sure you are using "arch=i386 pmVersion=0" capital "V"
  (#367) Old

Default 11-19-2010, 01:56 AM

i tried that too and still crashes, maybe i should just give up with SL. I think ideneb is not a bad option, i don't really care if is SL or not, i just want to have a hack mini with everything working (wireless, sd card reader, webcam, etc..) and the right screen resolution
  (#368) Old

Exclamation 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM

hello everybody ! i'm new here, and please excuse me for my english ^^' i'm french...
ok'ay, so i got some days ago a dell mini 1012 for school (yeeeah) but i was too disappointed seeing that mac os x won't run with video acceleration =(
but i just took a look at meklort's blog and read what i read =D :

Quote:
12 NOV/10 : Experimental (more than usual) NetbookInstaller coming

Recently I was working on getting the GMA 3150 to work a bit betters, and I was able to patch the GMA 950 framebuffer kext to load without any cursor curruption isuses. For those of you wondering, the reason for the corruption was due to the GMA950 wanting a physical (absolute) address, and the GMA 3150 wanting a relative address. Do note that this does NOT enable hardware acceleration, I need to make a few changes before that'll work (but more importantly, I need to find the root cause of why it isn't working.)

I'll be posting an updated NBI within the next week (I'll probably finish some bugfixes with it this weekend). This version will have the gma 3150 patch, as well as most of the other major changes I've made. As such, it'll be extremely experimental and will probably break things. It won't be branded as 0.8.4 as it has some major changes.

And for those of you wondering about the 10.6.5 update, as previously mentions, it works fine with the version of nbi for 10.6.4 (as anyone who has already updated should have figured out). And just a a reminder, if you are already running the 10.6.4 version of nbi, you don't have to do anything special. Just install the update via any method you chose and reboot. The NBI logo should appear, just wait for a second reboot and you should be done.
Aren't that great news ??? :P
  (#369) Old

Default 11-22-2010, 04:31 AM

Hello,

Long time lurker of this great forum.

I need a little bit of advice.

Someone wants to buy my mini 9 and I'm thinking in getting a mini1012.

After reading a lot of pages here and at insanelymac, i can't conclude if bluetooth and the broadcom hd accelerators are working with osx.

Can someone please tell me if they do?

Also, anyone here has tried Leopard, instead of snow leopard on your mini 1012? If yes, was all hardware functional?

Thanks for the assistance!
  (#370) Old

Default 11-22-2010, 01:25 PM

I'm getting a 1012 today from AT&T with integrated 3G wireless. I haven't seen any reference here (although I haven't searched very hard) about that feature working or not in OS X. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?