Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old

Default Problem w/ wifi - 03-02-2009, 06:25 PM

Hi guys!

Had a quick question, My mini 9 is really new maybe 2 or 3 months old, since purchasing it I have had the hard drive replaced , memory replaced also re installed with the recovery cds twice!

I am experiencing problems with my wifi connection also internal 3g data card.

Basically what is happening is when I am using it for something for example like a video call on Skype my wifi will lose connection and then it will show that it is trying to obtain an IP address then it will reconnect to the wifi, I thought this could be an issue with out wifi @ home however, we use an Apple Router and have never had any issues with any other machines I am also always using other lap tops and wifi devices and don't have this problem, it seems that it keeps doing this with anything that uses a lot of bandwidth but only happens on the Dell Mini 9, Is anyone else experiencing this problem is there any fix or do you think this could mean there is something wrong with my motherboard or possibly wifi card inside the mini 9.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing back, I have already scheduled dell to send me yet another box to have this sent in to be checked out but was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this. I also heard something about heat sinks having an issue or something in the mini 9 but don't know if that is true or not.
  (#2) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Problem w/ wifi - 03-05-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital
this could mean there is something wrong with my motherboard or possibly wifi card inside the mini 9.
check first with another wifi card, and check yours in another system. but if you previously had many other hardware troubbles maybe your first thought is right :?

sory me no spiko english
  (#3) Old

Post Re: Problem w/ wifi + Dell Repair MADNESS! - 03-12-2009, 08:12 PM

Hey guys! Wanted to give you all an update, last I said I was sending in my lap top to dell! Well guess what got it back today in terrible condition! I am attaching some photos!

Basically it came back with a wrong version of OS installed not to mention it came back with a Vodafone mobile broadband card mine was AT&T and also the screen came back dirty finger prints , hairs in the keyboard and scratches on the top of it. My Dell Mini 9 was not even 3 months old and I sent it in to them for repairs and it was in perfect condition and this is how I got it back!

Anyways thought I would fume!!! I have contacted Dell and am sending it in again for them to Look at it lol! Will keep you all posted! -- Funny thing is they said the problem is fixed with the problems I was having and that they were resolved however I was unable to test any of it because it came back with wrong parts. I almost wonder if they sent me the wrong machine back. As you know the service tag and express service code on the computer are on a removal piece which could ultimately be put on to another Dell Mini 9. :evil:

(#4) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Problem w/ wifi - 03-13-2009, 05:00 AM

that's not your mini, is a refurb one :lol:

sory me no spiko english
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Problem w/ wifi - 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davico_rosello
that's not your mini, is a refurb one :lol:
That not a refurb, that's a hockey puck! :shock:

Mini 9 MacBook Aspen White
Runcore 64GB | 2GB RAM | ATP 16GB C6 SDHC | 1.3 Webcam | Bluetooth | OSX 10.5.6 | Fusion w/Windows XP | CrossOver | DellEFI 1.2A5 | BIOS A04 | 77Whr Battery

Will install OSX for Food
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Problem w/ wifi - 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM

Hi Guys!

Wanted to give you all a update:

March 31st 2009

I have still been calling in to Dell to check the status of it, they still haven't sent me my Mini 9 back. This is an outrage I will never be buying another Dell Product again as long as I live!

I keep calling in to them and they tell me I will receieve it back never get it back they also say they will call me back they never do. I am still paying the Mini 9 on my Dell credit and I don't even have the mini 9 in my possession, how can a company be this bad?v :evil:

Any advice from anyone?
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Problem w/ wifi - 04-04-2009, 05:49 AM

Final Update!
After massive complaints to dell and calling them about 15 X a day for a few days finally I got a hold of someone they have now understood that they sent me someone else's computer and are giving me a complete refund! I am done with *dell* I will miss my Mini 9 but I won't miss DELL!
  (#8) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: Problem w/ wifi - 04-06-2009, 12:23 AM

congratulations and sorry :mrgreen:

sory me no spiko english