Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#21) Old
minibaby minibaby is offline
Member
 
minibaby's Avatar
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 07-10-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6680jc View Post
I'm happy to hear that, but since I'm still on 10.6.7 (I don't have time to download 10.6.8 update) I don't know whether the sound will always come or not after every boot.

my question: can you turn off the bluetooth?
Well Bluetooth has been always disabled in BIOS menu...so it's off on my machine. I hope this helps.


Mini 10v | 2GB Transcend RAM | Runcore 64GB Pro IV | BIOS A06 | OS X 10.6.8
Reply With Quote
  (#22) Old
vahnx vahnx is offline
Member
 
Posts: 84
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default 08-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Is there a definitive solution yet to the random audio working/not working problem on the Dell Mini 10v running 10.6.7 using NBI 20100616212351?


Dell Mini 10v | Bios A06 | 2GB RAM | 40GB SSD w/ OS X 10.6.7 | 6-Cell Battery | NBI 0.8.5pre
Reply With Quote
  (#23) Old
Dan_Shane Dan_Shane is offline
Member
 
Dan_Shane's Avatar
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default 08-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahnx View Post
Is there a definitive solution yet to the random audio working/not working problem on the Dell Mini 10v running 10.6.7 using NBI 20100616212351?
My Latitude 2100 uses the same audio card, and I just installed the latest VoodooHDA kext from kext.com to solve the intermittent audio issue.


-- Dan Shane --

Dell Latitude 2100 | Ball Field Green | 2 GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Dell Inspiron Duo | 2 GB RAM | 320GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
Reply With Quote
  (#24) Old
r6680jc r6680jc is offline
Senior Member
 
r6680jc's Avatar
 
Posts: 229
Join Date: May 2010
Default 08-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Shane View Post
My Latitude 2100 uses the same audio card, and I just installed the latest VoodooHDA kext from kext.com to solve the intermittent audio issue.
Would you like to post the link to voodooHDA you mentioned?

I'v tried some versions of voodooHDA, all of them having issue with sleep (sleep on apple menu doesn't work at all, and the worse, it makes kernel panic on booting after every time I try the sleep on apple menu).
Reply With Quote
  (#25) Old
Dan_Shane Dan_Shane is offline
Member
 
Dan_Shane's Avatar
 
Posts: 81
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default 08-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6680jc View Post
Would you like to post the link to voodooHDA you mentioned?

I'v tried some versions of voodooHDA, all of them having issue with sleep (sleep on apple menu doesn't work at all, and the worse, it makes kernel panic on booting after every time I try the sleep on apple menu).
Here is the link I used:

VoodooHDA for ALC272 - Downloads - Kexts.com

However, I don't use sleep. I have never gotten it to work without losing audio or wireless capabilities. My netbook boots Snow Leopard so quickly I don't mind sacrificing sleep mode as long as everything else works.


-- Dan Shane --

Dell Latitude 2100 | Ball Field Green | 2 GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Dell Inspiron Duo | 2 GB RAM | 320GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
Reply With Quote
  (#26) Old
r6680jc r6680jc is offline
Senior Member
 
r6680jc's Avatar
 
Posts: 229
Join Date: May 2010
Default 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Shane View Post
Here is the link I used:

VoodooHDA for ALC272 - Downloads - Kexts.com

However, I don't use sleep. I have never gotten it to work without losing audio or wireless capabilities. My netbook boots Snow Leopard so quickly I don't mind sacrificing sleep mode as long as everything else works.
Thanks, but I already have it, if I remember correctly, it had no problem with sleep, but mic didn't work and there was noise come from loudspeakers and the noise got worse after wake up from sleep.

Thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Edit:
I've just downloaded this one, it is different with one I've tried before, it has pref pane so the damn noise can be turned off by tweaking some settings on it's pref pane, no sleep and wake up issue, but the mic still doesn't work at all.

I'm going back to appleHDA with very long boot time.

Last edited by r6680jc; 08-09-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  (#27) Old
Vitaly Vitaly is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default I need help with my dell 1011 - 09-27-2011, 06:28 AM

to r6680jc

Can you help me with file below?

(NetbookInstaller_Mini_10v.app.zip on speedyshare)

Link expired.

I need it.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

May be I don't need this file?
Now I write about my prolem(s).
I install 10.6.3 by instraction gizmodo.
Only NBI was different version (and I didn't run UpdateExtra.app, but only NBI 0.8.4 with all checked options).
My dell worked perfectly.

Then I update to 10.6.7 and sound didn't work.
I tried all versions NBI, but it didn't help me (0.8.4fix, .....351).
Only when i run NBI 0.8.5pre, sound worked !!!
I was happier.
Next day i saw that i can't switch BT off.
I found, read and tried BT terminal mod - nothing.
(My Bt - BCM92046, Vendor ID = xbfff (i wrote in plist 49151) and Product ID = xe508 (58632 in decimal)).

Because i need this file - may be i did anything wring.

May be anybody take me all folder /Extra (Is it should help?) or all folder \Extensions from me (10.6.7).

Thanks.

I hope anybody help me.

Sorry for my English.
Reply With Quote
  (#28) Old
r6680jc r6680jc is offline
Senior Member
 
r6680jc's Avatar
 
Posts: 229
Join Date: May 2010
Default 09-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly View Post
to r6680jc

Can you help me with file below?

(NetbookInstaller_Mini_10v.app.zip on speedyshare)

Link expired.

I need it.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

May be I don't need this file?
Now I write about my prolem(s).
I install 10.6.3 by instraction gizmodo.
Only NBI was different version (and I didn't run UpdateExtra.app, but only NBI 0.8.4 with all checked options).
My dell worked perfectly.

Then I update to 10.6.7 and sound didn't work.
I tried all versions NBI, but it didn't help me (0.8.4fix, .....351).
Only when i run NBI 0.8.5pre, sound worked !!!
I was happier.
Next day i saw that i can't switch BT off.
I found, read and tried BT terminal mod - nothing.
(My Bt - BCM92046, Vendor ID = xbfff (i wrote in plist 49151) and Product ID = xe508 (58632 in decimal)).

Because i need this file - may be i did anything wring.

May be anybody take me all folder /Extra (Is it should help?) or all folder \Extensions from me (10.6.7).

Thanks.

I hope anybody help me.

Sorry for my English.
Do you still need it?
Reply With Quote
  (#29) Old
klykx klykx is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default Even if he doesn't, I do... - 09-28-2011, 01:07 PM

10.6.8 with everything working except grayed out sound. It was fine after replacing the kernel for a while but now it is producing the "ID: 12" problem and not recognizing the ACL272.

If you can post a link, that would be great.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  (#30) Old
Vitaly Vitaly is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default 09-29-2011, 04:42 AM

Yes, I would like you help me.
I some times restored system, tried some versions of NBI, but if I repair one, other not working. I'm a nooby in MAC, i think problem in folder Extra.
If I run ExtraUpdate.app - system crashing. Before I run only Kext helper (I heared, i don't must doing this).
If you need 10.6.7 and give me Extra folder (may be and System/Library/Extension), will work it for me, in my system?
OtherWise i'll try to reinstall OS one more time (Gizmodo instruction).
Thank you for replay (I hope You understand that I wrote).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mac os x, sound

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.