Alienware M11X Discussion on the Alienware Gaming Ultra Portable, the M11X.

(#1) Old

Default Just ordered my m11x, now I need a mouse without a 6 foot cable. - 03-24-2010, 06:22 PM

I am looking at getting the alienware tactx mouse for the new computer, but it comes with a 6 foot cord.... I dont need 6 feet of USB wire when the laptop is less than a foot away from the mouse.

So, does anyone know if its possible to cut and shorten the mouse cable by a couple of feet? I think having 1-2 feet will be plenty of wire for me.

Thanks!
  (#2) Old

Default 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post
I am looking at getting the alienware tactx mouse for the new computer, but it comes with a 6 foot cord.... I dont need 6 feet of USB wire when the laptop is less than a foot away from the mouse.

So, does anyone know if its possible to cut and shorten the mouse cable by a couple of feet? I think having 1-2 feet will be plenty of wire for me.

Thanks!
What about THIS? I ordered a black one from Woot last week. It has received good reviews for both usability and longevity. Battery life is good too. I don't have mine yet, but I've not been disappointed with my Razer Diamondback wired mouse at home.

Cheers,
Charlie

True mercy is never earned.

Desktop: Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz (unlocked to X6)|8GB 1600 DDR3|500GB|Radeon HD 6750|Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Notebook: Inspiron 1121|Core i3-330UM|8GB 800 DDR3|320GB|Intel HD Graphics|Windows 7 Pro x64
  (#3) Old

Default 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM

I want to stay away from wireless mice on this one, I have a wireless for my mini 9 already. Plus I like how the tactx mouse has the matching lights for the m11x.
  (#4) Old

Default 03-27-2010, 04:09 AM

I use this Kensington mouse - both wireless and wired!! Has a short cable that wraps inside the mouse when you don't need it, and a USB receiver that stores in the bottom and turns off the batteries. I've seen it in stores in a few colors (mine's orange because it was a closeout at Circuit City for $14).

Black Dell Mini10v - 320GB HD - 2GB RAM - DecalSkin
Windows XP Home - Snow Leopard OS X - A05 BIOS
  (#5) Old

Default 03-27-2010, 10:00 AM

VXNano.
  (#6) Old

Default 03-28-2010, 06:57 AM

I would highly recommend the Razer Orochi. I picked up one for my M11X and love it. It can be wired (braided cabled) or wireless bluetooth. It can go upto 2000 DPI that can be adjusted on the fly. Can be for right handed or left handed, feels great in either hand and is truly a portable mouse. It also has teflon feet so most of the time I dont even need a mouse pad.

I shopped around and spend a long time trying to decide on the right mouse for my M11X and this is the one I went with and I am really glad I did. Only physical store I was able to locate one at was Fry's but they have them all over on the net.

The Razer Store Online Store - Razer Orochi? Bluetooth Notebook Gaming Mouse