Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#11) Old

Send a message via Skype™ to lucidvig
Default about the update - 09-07-2010, 05:19 PM

ok have downloaded everything but if i hold down the volume buttons and press the power button it either locks the screen or if i hold the power button aswell brings up the 3 options of power off, aeroplane etc theres nothign on there about firmware update any ideas
  (#12) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 09-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidvig View Post
ok have downloaded everything but if i hold down the volume buttons and press the power button it either locks the screen or if i hold the power button aswell brings up the 3 options of power off, aeroplane etc theres nothign on there about firmware update any ideas
You need to turn off your Streak, then turn it on again and hold down the volume buttons as it starts up to enter recovery mode.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#13) Old

Default 09-07-2010, 11:40 PM

Hello i just got my at&t dell streak and i tried to root it but it got stuck on dell logo screen
i used this guy step by step but the link for superboot is broken so i downloaded another superboot "r1-6941" when i finished with the install tried to boot it nothing happens just the dell logo setting there for 5min then i removed the battery tried to boot again still nothing is working.
i cant get to the menu you talk about i press the volume buttons then the power button it will start up but it wont get to the menu never pass the dell logo even tried fast boot mode to redo the step with "1.8.1.7-streak-clockworkrecovery" i cant even get to fast boot mode!
help please...
did i just kill my brand new streak?