Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

Closed Thread

(#1) Old
Super Moderator

Default Streak FAQs & Official Links - 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM

The Home Screen

What are Applications, Widgets, and Shortcuts

Applications - Programs which allows you to perform a specific task. E.G. Google Mail, Calendar, Games, Maps, Browser etc

Widget - A application which sits on the Home screen and provides quick and easy access to information. E.G. The Facebook widget allows you to read posts on your wall and update your status.

Shortcut - A icon/link that you put on your Home Screen which gives easy access to an application or a folder which contains contacts or bookmarks.

How many Home Screens can I have & how do I add or delete them?
You can have a maximum of 6.
To add a Home Screen. Hold the Home button down. When the thumbnail view appears touch the +.

To delete a Home Screen hold the Home button down. When the thumbnail view appears touch the X in the top right corner of the Home screen that you want to delete.

Add an item to a Home screen (There are two ways).
Touch and hold an empty area on the home screen. The Add to Home screen menu will appear. Choose what you want to add – a shortcut, widget, folder or wallpaper.

Or

Touch the Menu button and then touch the Add option. The Add to Home screen menu will appear. Choose what you want to add – a shortcut, widget, folder or wallpaper.

You can add the following:- Applications, Bookmarks, Contacts, Direct Dial, Direct Message, Widgets, Folders, Wallpapers.

How do I move an item on the Home Screen?

Hold the item down until it turns red. Move it to the position you want.
How do I delete an item on the Home Screen?

Hold the item down until it turns red. Press the Menu button until the Remove from Home menu appears. Press it.

How do I rename a folder?

Hold the item down until it turns red. Press the Menu button then press Rename Folder.

How do I close the keyboard?

Press the blue down facing triangle in a circle (next to Q) on the keyboard or press and hold the Menu button, then touch OK.

How do I get to all my Applications?

On the Status bar (always at the top of the screen) press the white down facing triangle in a circle at the far left.

Last edited by bigrob; 06-25-2010 at 06:35 AM.
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-25-2010, 12:45 PM

How do I change the length of time my Streak rings before it goes to Voicemail

**61*901*11*30#

Where 30 is the length of time it rings
Mine was 15 when I got it.
Goes in 5 second increments.
Closed Thread