Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old

Unhappy Order Delayed - 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Ordered one of these a few weeks back and got an estimated ship date of 11/11. Today Dell sent me an email saying it's been delayed a week to 11/18. Damn.

I bought this as a gift for my mom. I hope it arrives before her birthday in December.
  (#2) Old

Default 11-06-2009, 11:58 PM

Whipstitch,

I'm sorry to hear about your delay. You may want to consider annoying the Dell phone support. They are quite quick to get ahold of and very helpful.

11z - Jade - SU4100 - 4GB - 64 GB SSD - Win 7 Home Premium
  (#3) Old

Smile 11-09-2009, 08:56 AM

i am sorry to heat your delay .deal online is a little risky. but i think dell is reliable.it could arrive fore December.patience and satified to receive.

focus on the battery development.
http://www.batterystyle.com
  (#4) Old

Default 11-12-2009, 10:33 AM

Sorry to hear that.
However, for all European customers I can say that the ordering goes very fast. I ordered mine 7 days ago, and it already was shipped out today (manufactured in Ireland).
Hope it gets here before the weekend
  (#5) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-12-2009, 03:38 PM

Don't forget to keep checking the "Order Progress" link which will be on your original order confirmation email, and you will hopefully find that it will arrive sooner than you expect.

If you do find that it gets delayed any further, I would certainly contact Dell directly, as they will often 'expedite' an overdue order, although whether or not that actually makes any real difference, I wouldn't like to say.... but at least it make them aware that they have an unhappy customer!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#6) Old

Default 11-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Just checked the order page and there was a notice saying that it would ship on or before 11/12 and I had to 'sign' a consent form (fill out name, phone and click a button) to agree to the delay to some regulation. I checked that page yesterday and I don't remember seeing it. Strange. Hopefully it actually will ship out today.

10v | 30GB OV SSD | 16GB SD | 2GB | A05 | OSX
  (#7) Old

Default 11-13-2009, 08:58 AM

Damn. Now I'm pissed. After all that, now they've updated the ETA to 11/25. This sucks.

(#8) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-13-2009, 12:28 PM

That doesn't sound good at all, especially as it had been delayed at least once already.

Time for a 'phone call to Dell I think, or at the very least a very strong (but polite!) email, and you might even find that they are prepared to offer you a small financial compensation, as they did to me!

I certainly hope that you do receive it in time for your mother's birthday anyway, which is the main thing I suppose.

Good Luck anyway!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#9) Old

Default 11-14-2009, 01:55 AM

Well, I emailed them several days ago and got an automated reply which was no help whatsoever. Replied to the automated email yesterday and no response after 24 hours. I think I am done with them.

There may be an upside as I started researching alternatives and the I haven't read a bad review yet for the Acer 11.6 inch netbook. The price is less than what I was going to pay for the 11z but it has internal bluetooth, a bigger HD (320gb), N-wifi, more memory (3GB), and EIGHT hours of battery life...

Acer Computer Aspire Timeline AS1810TZ-4174 11.6" Notebook PC - Sapphire Blue in PC Notebook Computers at JR.com

Of course, I won't have access to Dell's excellent customer service (LOL!)