Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

View Poll Results: Does your netbook TV tuner actually work?
Works Perfectly! 38 55.07%
Works to an extent but is unwatchable. 7 10.14%
Doesn't pick up any channels what so ever. 14 20.29%
Can't get it up and running (drivers, software etc) 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

(#11) Old

Default 11-17-2009, 06:46 AM

OK, went to San Francisco and started the digital TV wizard. Got 32 channels, started watching the ABC affiliate, KGO-TV HD. It was pretty sweet, clean and smooth video and audio, no choppiness at all and no pixellation. Interesting observation, when the car was moving, video and audio would get choppy. As soon as the car came to a stop, smooth video and audio. As I continued to drive out of SF, the signal got so choppy that eventually the screen froze. I'll have to do a longer-term TV test to see if this freeze is an issue. I'm back to SF next Saturday for another test.

Bob

Mini 1010 | Windows 7 Home Premium clean install over factory installed XP | 1GB RAM | 160GB drive | 1024x600 screen | Bluetooth | 1.3MP webcam | 6-cell battery | TV tuner

Last edited by yeewiz; 11-17-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling
  (#12) Old

Default 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM

how did you guys install the driver for the tv tuner

dell hasn't released any drivers for the tv tuner for 7 yet.

every time i go to devices and printers it says "dell tv tuner" with that ugly exclamation mark saying it needs troubleshooting yada yada yada
  (#13) Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-19-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirkhan780 View Post
how did you guys install the driver for the tv tuner

dell hasn't released any drivers for the tv tuner for 7 yet.

every time i go to devices and printers it says "dell tv tuner" with that ugly exclamation mark saying it needs troubleshooting yada yada yada
http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/wind...-tv-tuner.html
  (#14) Old

Default 11-20-2009, 04:43 AM

i got something like 50 channels most of them spanish and religious channels though
  (#15) Old

Default 11-22-2009, 09:18 PM

went to San Francisco International Airport to wait for the GF. inside the terminal, got 37 channels including the big networks and PBS. Picked ABC and PBS and both were excellent. Only played for 30 minutes until GF arrived so I could not test freezing

Bob

Mini 1010 | Windows 7 Home Premium clean install over factory installed XP | 1GB RAM | 160GB drive | 1024x600 screen | Bluetooth | 1.3MP webcam | 6-cell battery | TV tuner
  (#16) Old

Default 12-11-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somms View Post
That doesn't work for me either. It says "Drivers have NOT been updated. Compatable hardware not found. <<click to exit>>." Windows 7 Ultimate won't get ANY driver to install for this thing.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherx View Post
That doesn't work for me either. It says "Drivers have NOT been updated. Compatable hardware not found. <<click to exit>>." Windows 7 Ultimate won't get ANY driver to install for this thing.
Oh now wait, I might of spoke too soon... needed to restart when it uninstalled wintv 6.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Can't get Win TV 7 installed, it keeps asking to insert the cd, but yet it's a download from the FTP link mentioned.

However Windows MC now sees the tuner. Just can't get anything. I guess there's no QAM tuner support? That sucks, they said it was Digital. My Samsung TV has a digital tuner and it does QAM quite well. I plugged this into my cable line and got nothing.
  (#17) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 08:02 PM

I can get a few blurbs of NBC 10 and also WPHL 17 if I hold the antenna up real high. Were not in a good area for OTA reception though. Sucks there's no QAM support.
  (#18) Old

Default 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM

the issue i have with it is that i will start watching a station, and it will work well as long as the signal is good enough. then about 1 to 1.5 hrs, usually when the good part of a movie is about to come on, my screen goes black and the audio hangs like a skipping cd.

i have to hold the power button to shut it off and reboot. is there a clear solution to this issue yet that anyone knows about?
  (#19) Old

Default 03-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Mine worked perfect here in Germany but now I cannot get any station in anymore.
Is there any known issue which could cause a sudden disfunctionality? I am not aware of doing any change which could be related to that.
  (#20) Old

Default 03-25-2010, 07:22 AM

Got my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (OEM version) on the way, used to work perfectly on RC version though.

mini 10 (1010, AU)|1GB RAM|160GB HDD|BlueTooth|DVB-T|GMA 500|1024x576

Inspiron 1300n|1GB RAM|60GB HDD|DVD+RW|GMA 900|1280x800

Both run with Windows XP Home SP3 + Windows 7 Ultimate RC dual-OS.