General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#11) Old
MilanoRex MilanoRex is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM

Works great, I love the new bootloader!
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
themack themack is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:33 AM

Running it now, so far no problems to report. The new boot graphics are looking good!
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
bmaltais bmaltais is offline
Expert Member
 
Posts: 962
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937
Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort
Here is a more mac like theme. Move the old default theme form /Extra/Themes/Default to a safe location and then just place this one in /Extra/Themes/
I'll me modifying it more later on, but for now, here it it

One thing that I have noticed, is with the new bootloader, I cannot load a dos usb driver. I hadn't tried before with pc-efi so I don't know if its a change or not. Before I always set it to the first bootable device in the bios.
Cool, thanks meklort!! I am tempted to upgrade to this, but the "alpha" makes me weary. Very very early developmental stages, considering the new Chameleon just came out today and the DellEFI 1.1 final has just barely made its name.

On a different note, I am curious how quickly this will move to Beta and then final stages since the main change was Chameleon. :?:

:arrow: If I am setting up a new Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh for a friend... do you think I should just go ahead and use this DellEFI 1.2 alpha?
I would not do that just yet unless you want to see you friend soon ;-)


Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Eligos Eligos is offline
Senior Member
 
Eligos's Avatar
 
Posts: 262
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
If I am setting up a new Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh for a friend... do you think I should just go ahead and use this DellEFI 1.2 alpha?
Probably not since it has not been put through its paces. On a fresh install, new user experience, you should stick with what's safe and extensively tested.


Dell Mini 9 : OS X 10.6.8 : BIOS A05
32GB STEC SSD : 2GB RAM
NBI Version : Latest
SpeedStep : [Enabled]
USB Legacy support : [Disabled]
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
bmcclure937 bmcclure937 is offline
Super Moderator
 
bmcclure937's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,420
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaltais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937
Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort
Here is a more mac like theme. Move the old default theme form /Extra/Themes/Default to a safe location and then just place this one in /Extra/Themes/
I'll me modifying it more later on, but for now, here it it

One thing that I have noticed, is with the new bootloader, I cannot load a dos usb driver. I hadn't tried before with pc-efi so I don't know if its a change or not. Before I always set it to the first bootable device in the bios.
Cool, thanks meklort!! I am tempted to upgrade to this, but the "alpha" makes me weary. Very very early developmental stages, considering the new Chameleon just came out today and the DellEFI 1.1 final has just barely made its name.

On a different note, I am curious how quickly this will move to Beta and then final stages since the main change was Chameleon. :?:

:arrow: If I am setting up a new Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh for a friend... do you think I should just go ahead and use this DellEFI 1.2 alpha?
I would not do that just yet unless you want to see you friend soon ;-)
Sounds good. I am sure I can be patient because there are always great developments made on the DellEFIs. I am sure after a couple of weeks we will all be giddy about this release and nobody will remember the days without Chameleon and the pretty eye candy graphic boot loader :lol:


 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
Reply With Quote
  (#16) Old
archy archy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaltais
Quote:
Originally Posted by archy
This is so cool, thanks! Everything works perfectly.

I'm dual booting with XP, any way I can hide the DellEFI partition graphically?
Not sure I follow you...
When I dual booted with the old boot loader I got three options based on the three partitions on my drive:
1. DellEFI
2. OS X
3. XP

Now everything is graphical, and my XP partition even has a Windows logo, but of course the DellEFI parition (apple logo) icon doesn't do anything, and I wondered if I could only have two options, OS X and XP. But this is silly nitpicking ... thanks for your hard work.
Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
bmaltais bmaltais is offline
Expert Member
 
Posts: 962
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 1 - 04-01-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meklort
Here is a more mac like theme. Move the old default theme form /Extra/Themes/Default to a safe location and then just place this one in /Extra/Themes/
I'll be modifying it more later on, but for now, here it it

One thing that I have noticed, is with the new bootloader, I cannot boot from a dos usb drive. I hadn't tried before with pc-efi so I don't know if its a change or not. Before I always set it to the first bootable device in the bios.
I like the nice proportion of your icons. It is really Mac like. I am sure others will possibly want a custom Theme but this one is very close to a real Mac.

I kind of like the 3D apple logo from the Chameleon release during boot... but I can deal with the flat Apple version to stay closer to the true Mac ;-)


Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
bmaltais bmaltais is offline
Expert Member
 
Posts: 962
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 2 - 04-01-2009, 01:04 AM

Alpha 2 is now available with Meklort Theme and other quick fixes.


Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
bmcclure937 bmcclure937 is offline
Super Moderator
 
bmcclure937's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,420
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 2 - 04-01-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaltais
Alpha 2 is now available with Meklort Theme and other quick fixes.
Told ya the development of these things goes quickly :lol:

Gotta love this community at MyDellMini... so awesome! :mrgreen:


 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | osx.mechdrew.com -- the best OSX installation guides
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
bmaltais bmaltais is offline
Expert Member
 
Posts: 962
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default Re: DellEFI 1.2 alpha 2 - 04-01-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcclure937
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaltais
Alpha 2 is now available with Meklort Theme and other quick fixes.
Told ya the development of these things goes quickly :lol:

Gotta love this community at MyDellMini... so awesome! :mrgreen:
Doing development on a Mac is so easy! (ok, windows too but hey)


Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.