Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#11) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaShooters View Post
I had an Asus EEE 1000 and then Upgraded to the MSI wind, then bought a Mini 10.

The EEE felt cheap, the screen was sub-par, The Keyboard felt cheap.

The MSI was probably the best of all of them in reference to customizations, they fully supported Vista, and a factory authorized overclocking BIOS. The screen was nice and the keyboard was solid.

The Dell is just beautiful, The whole thing is totally solid, and looks great. Customizing is a chore, and the monitor could be betterm but I got the cheapo one.

My two choices would be the MSI or the Mini 10 over the EEE.

On a side note, The first netbook I owned was the EEE 900, and that totally sucked, it felt like a child toy, and couldn't even type on it without hitting four keys at once... back to pecking on the keyboard.
Just fyi... the 1000HE has a completely redesigned keyboard from the 1000 you owned. That was one of the things that sold me on it.
  (#12) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerr24 View Post
Just fyi... the 1000HE has a completely redesigned keyboard from the 1000 you owned. That was one of the things that sold me on it.
what are you trying to say here? asus 1000he is better than dell 10/10v? we all get that. you can rest...
  (#13) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 02:43 PM

I Have an Acer Aspire One 8.9" Netbook and so did My wife. Had it about 5 months and from the beginning mine had an unresolvable video problem, blinking tied to the the hard drive and not resolved with Bios Updating. So it's now with Acer. My Wife's Battery died and would not accept a charge, so they are replacing the battery. I liked the Size of the AAO but not so much the build quality. I've ordered a 10v I've always had good luck with dell. The Acer will be sold if they can fix it.
  (#14) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkerr24 View Post
The Asus 1000HE has 1024 x 600 resolution. The screen has the flat matte surface and doesn't pick up reflections like the glossy finish LCD's.
Yea, that's what I thought. Went with Dell for the HD screen. The pink color may have had a little something to do with it
  (#15) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Folks might want to give the HP line a look too since they offer a 1366x768 screen.

I've seen reports that the 2140 runs OSX pretty well and it offers a HD screen option.
  (#16) Old

Default 06-01-2009, 07:39 PM

i really like the design of hp, it's very slick.

but i heard fan noise/heat is an issue. I tried one of those hp mini at bestbuy and liked it.

if I am not so cheap, I'd consider hp and others. but you can't beat the price at dell outlet with coupons.
  (#17) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
i really like the design of hp, it's very slick.

but i heard fan noise/heat is an issue. I tried one of those hp mini at bestbuy and liked it.

if I am not so cheap, I'd consider hp and others. but you can't beat the price at dell outlet with coupons.
I agree. I played with an HP mini but returned it after a week or so when I realized netbook prices were dropping so quickly. Absolutely loved it, no complaints! Well, except for the unfortunate price tag which didn't even include an HD screen.
  (#18) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 01:17 AM

My wife has the 1000HE and I recently picked up a base model A90. Both have their merits. The kb and battery fan on the 1000HE is great. I like the matte screen on the 1000he. It has a loud fan. As for my A90, I like the lightness in comparison to the 1000HE. But the Dell felt more like a toy along with the subpar fit/finish compared to the ASUS.
  (#19) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM

You know dkerr24 you have a total of 9 post and all of them are pimping the 1000HE. You just trolling since you have not posted hear before yesterday? Give it a rest already!

XPS 13 Ultrabook
  (#20) Old

Default 06-02-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintre View Post
You know dkerr24 you have a total of 9 post and all of them are pimping the 1000HE. You just trolling since you have not posted hear before yesterday? Give it a rest already!
exactly my point.

I mean 1000he certainly has some attractive feature. But we don't need someone to tell us how superior it is...

people make their purchase based on their own judgement.

there's no perfect netbook.