3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

(#11) Old

Default 08-31-2009, 12:34 PM

Happy Daze here we go Dell's new A07 driver extracted for ya all.. thought id better do my little bit .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dell 5530 A07 Wireless Broadband Package x32.zip (1.89 MB, 1076 views)
  (#12) Old

Default 08-31-2009, 01:09 PM

ohhh,pls tell me how you did it
will try them out in a sec.thx bro
  (#13) Old

Default 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Elo View Post
ohhh,pls tell me how you did it
will try them out in a sec.thx bro
hi, i used freeware Universal Extractor to get the drivers out of the dell exe and the installer inside. u can get it here:

Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net
  (#14) Old

Default 09-02-2009, 03:50 AM

Have anyone got GPS working with the below firmware HSPA.

Hardware Version KRD 131 14/103 R!G
Firmware Version R1A034
Current Firmware Date 2008-05-17 06:58

(#15) Old

Default 09-08-2009, 08:40 AM

Hi AEDan1977

I found this forum and your post as I was searching for a driver for the Dell 5530, thanks for your help in locating this however I do have question. I was looking at buying the DELL Mini 10 however I was told it only has 1GB of RAM which is not replaceable yet your spec is show 2GB, is the RAM actually in a socket so it can be changed.

Thanks

Dave
  (#16) Old

Default 11-13-2009, 08:06 AM

Any kind soul can help post the extracted x64 driver here for the latest A12 revision? I'm using 5530 on an Lenovo X61. Thank you!!!

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=353402

Can't seems to get the drivers, etc out from the CAB files....
  (#17) Old

Thumbs up 01-13-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffijaffa View Post
Happy Daze here we go Dell's new A07 driver extracted for ya all.. thought id better do my little bit .
Thank you very much, you've just made me, and my customer extremely happy.
  (#18) Old

Default 01-15-2010, 05:56 PM

Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem... This driver totally shafted my Mini 9's WWAN connection. I have the version with the 5530 card built in - UK Vodafone contract. I also tried the drivers from Dell's site - not sure if these are the same as the one in this post - which made utterly no difference. Whenever I tried to use the Dell Connection Manager, it would start up with Radio disabled. If I tried to enable radio, I would get an error dialog telling me:

"Radio is disabled by the wireless switch. Return the switch to the enable position"

Despite me repeatedly (and loudly) telling my Mini 9 that my wireless card DOESN'T HAVE A WIRELESS SWITCH, IT'S ALL CONTROLLED BY SOFTWARE, it didn't work. The Mini 9 obviously wasn't listening... If I tried Vodafone Mobile Connect, it would find the card but report it as disabled - with no option that I could see to enable it.

I went through 4 XP re-installs, a BIOS downgrade, re-seating of the card, re-connecting antenna cables and lots of red-faced shouting & swearing before I installed much older drivers from this post which fixed the problem completely. I can now use the card and WWAN without a problem.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the post I linked to solved my problem.
  (#19) Old

Default 01-16-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem... This driver totally shafted my Mini 9's WWAN connection. I have the version with the 5530 card built in - UK Vodafone contract. I also tried the drivers from Dell's site - not sure if these are the same as the one in this post - which made utterly no difference. Whenever I tried to use the Dell Connection Manager, it would start up with Radio disabled. If I tried to enable radio, I would get an error dialog telling me:

"Radio is disabled by the wireless switch. Return the switch to the enable position"

Despite me repeatedly (and loudly) telling my Mini 9 that my wireless card DOESN'T HAVE A WIRELESS SWITCH, IT'S ALL CONTROLLED BY SOFTWARE, it didn't work. The Mini 9 obviously wasn't listening... If I tried Vodafone Mobile Connect, it would find the card but report it as disabled - with no option that I could see to enable it.

I went through 4 XP re-installs, a BIOS downgrade, re-seating of the card, re-connecting antenna cables and lots of red-faced shouting & swearing before I installed much older drivers from this post which fixed the problem completely. I can now use the card and WWAN without a problem.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the post I linked to solved my problem.
Thanks for posting back your fix :-)
  (#20) Old

Default 11-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Search for the thread Dell Mini 5530 Easy GPS and you will find the GPS port driver in the first post this did the trick for me.