3G Mobile Broadband Discussion Discussion on 3G Mobile Broadband Packages

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#11) Old
jeffijaffa jeffijaffa is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default 08-31-2009, 12:34 PM

Happy Daze here we go Dell's new A07 driver extracted for ya all.. thought id better do my little bit .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dell 5530 A07 Wireless Broadband Package x32.zip (1.89 MB, 1076 views)
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
DJ_Elo DJ_Elo is offline
Member
 
Posts: 32
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default 08-31-2009, 01:09 PM

ohhh,pls tell me how you did it
will try them out in a sec.thx bro
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
robert robert is offline
Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Elo View Post
ohhh,pls tell me how you did it
will try them out in a sec.thx bro
hi, i used freeware Universal Extractor to get the drivers out of the dell exe and the installer inside. u can get it here:

Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
atomic atomic is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default 09-02-2009, 03:50 AM

Have anyone got GPS working with the below firmware HSPA.

Hardware Version KRD 131 14/103 R!G
Firmware Version R1A034
Current Firmware Date 2008-05-17 06:58

Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
davew22 davew22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Default 09-08-2009, 08:40 AM

Hi AEDan1977

I found this forum and your post as I was searching for a driver for the Dell 5530, thanks for your help in locating this however I do have question. I was looking at buying the DELL Mini 10 however I was told it only has 1GB of RAM which is not replaceable yet your spec is show 2GB, is the RAM actually in a socket so it can be changed.

Thanks

Dave
Reply With Quote
  (#16) Old
geckoSG geckoSG is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default 11-13-2009, 08:06 AM

Any kind soul can help post the extracted x64 driver here for the latest A12 revision? I'm using 5530 on an Lenovo X61. Thank you!!!

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=353402

Can't seems to get the drivers, etc out from the CAB files....
Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
Tsanawo Tsanawo is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Thumbs up 01-13-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffijaffa View Post
Happy Daze here we go Dell's new A07 driver extracted for ya all.. thought id better do my little bit .
Thank you very much, you've just made me, and my customer extremely happy.
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
BLC BLC is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default 01-15-2010, 05:56 PM

Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem... This driver totally shafted my Mini 9's WWAN connection. I have the version with the 5530 card built in - UK Vodafone contract. I also tried the drivers from Dell's site - not sure if these are the same as the one in this post - which made utterly no difference. Whenever I tried to use the Dell Connection Manager, it would start up with Radio disabled. If I tried to enable radio, I would get an error dialog telling me:

"Radio is disabled by the wireless switch. Return the switch to the enable position"

Despite me repeatedly (and loudly) telling my Mini 9 that my wireless card DOESN'T HAVE A WIRELESS SWITCH, IT'S ALL CONTROLLED BY SOFTWARE, it didn't work. The Mini 9 obviously wasn't listening... If I tried Vodafone Mobile Connect, it would find the card but report it as disabled - with no option that I could see to enable it.

I went through 4 XP re-installs, a BIOS downgrade, re-seating of the card, re-connecting antenna cables and lots of red-faced shouting & swearing before I installed much older drivers from this post which fixed the problem completely. I can now use the card and WWAN without a problem.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the post I linked to solved my problem.
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
ukbodypilot ukbodypilot is offline
Member
 
Posts: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 01-16-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem... This driver totally shafted my Mini 9's WWAN connection. I have the version with the 5530 card built in - UK Vodafone contract. I also tried the drivers from Dell's site - not sure if these are the same as the one in this post - which made utterly no difference. Whenever I tried to use the Dell Connection Manager, it would start up with Radio disabled. If I tried to enable radio, I would get an error dialog telling me:

"Radio is disabled by the wireless switch. Return the switch to the enable position"

Despite me repeatedly (and loudly) telling my Mini 9 that my wireless card DOESN'T HAVE A WIRELESS SWITCH, IT'S ALL CONTROLLED BY SOFTWARE, it didn't work. The Mini 9 obviously wasn't listening... If I tried Vodafone Mobile Connect, it would find the card but report it as disabled - with no option that I could see to enable it.

I went through 4 XP re-installs, a BIOS downgrade, re-seating of the card, re-connecting antenna cables and lots of red-faced shouting & swearing before I installed much older drivers from this post which fixed the problem completely. I can now use the card and WWAN without a problem.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the post I linked to solved my problem.
Thanks for posting back your fix :-)
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
Ross1 Ross1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default 11-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Search for the thread Dell Mini 5530 Easy GPS and you will find the GPS port driver in the first post this did the trick for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.