Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Inspiron11z

Default Dell Streak 5 - Operating Systems - 01-11-2013, 11:55 PM

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? I am thinking of purchasing a Dell Streak 5 but I am just wondering if one is able to install a different operating system on it than Android? I am not too fussed on Android. I know that Android is a Linux operating system but I would like to install Fedora 15 as this has support for ARM processors. I don't want to buy one then when I install Fedora 15 and render the phone useless . Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
  (#2) Old

Default 01-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiron11z View Post
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? I am thinking of purchasing a Dell Streak 5 but I am just wondering if one is able to install a different operating system on it than Android? I am not too fussed on Android. I know that Android is a Linux operating system but I would like to install Fedora 15 as this has support for ARM processors. I don't want to buy one then when I install Fedora 15 and render the phone useless . Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
If you had to create a thread to ask and were to lazy to search and find the answer then the process of installing Linux on the Streak is far beyond your ability
  (#3) Old
Inspiron11z

Default 01-12-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72 View Post
If you had to create a thread to ask and were to lazy to search and find the answer then the process of installing Linux on the Streak is far beyond your ability

Don't be a nob. If you are not going to help then I suggest to keep you insulting remarks to yourself!

Last edited by Inspiron11z; 01-12-2013 at 01:13 PM.
  (#4) Old

Default 01-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiron11z View Post

Don't be a nob. If you are not going to help then I suggest to keep you insulting remarks to yourself!
I am far from being a noob (I see you with difficulty check your spelling also), instead of replying to me why not use that time to do some searching and reading on how to install Linux on the Streak. But when you brick it also search instead of coming to get spoonfed.

The fact you came to THIS forum instead of looking for the answer at xda, Android Forums or Modaco is the dead giveaway that you haven't taken 2 minutes to inform yourself...

ADVICE: buy yourself an iPhone because folks like you just make more work for folks like me