Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old

Default weird Outlook calendar sync problem - 10-30-2011, 12:10 AM

I'm a new UK Streak 5/mini user running 2.2. I have always used Outlook for my calendar. An event created in Outlook syncs with Google Calendar , which then appears on my Streak, so far so good. Equally if I create the event on Google Calendar on my PC, it syncs to both Outlook and my streak. BUT if I create an event in Streak calendar, it syncs to Google Cal but when it syncs to Outlook it goes straight to the Deleted Items folder as an event dated 01/01/1980 created at 00.00. This is all through Google Calendar sync. I have installed Nero SyncUp for contacts etc and the PC has Windows Mobile Device Centre running as aprt of Windows 7. Anyone else had this?
  (#2) Old

Default a workaround - 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM

I have found a way around my own problem. It seems that the way the Streak calendar app in 2.2 works with Google Calendar is to send you an invitiaion to the event, which goes straight to your google calendar. When google cal tries to sync with outlook, the invitation screws it up as an event so it goes to deleted items.
Since I have set up outlook for a different email address, all I had to do was add an invitation to that address when I set up the event on my streak. Once the email arrives in outlook, the event is posted in calendar as a tentative event and it stops the sync-trash-sync-trash cycle.