Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old

Default [EMGD-April-2012] Best driver for XP? (With HDMI). - 12-05-2012, 03:17 AM

Well, first of all sorry for my english, I'm still learning and I can understand you but can't express myself as I would want to.

Some days ago, for some reason, I decided to install Windows XP again (I was using W7 and a Linux Distro), so I was searching for the best driver and I new the best was the EMGD of april.

After some minutes of searching, I founded the driver for xp named ''Gma 500 booster'' (that was actually a build of the emgd driver of april). Installed the driver and was better that I expected: I was able to run Unreal Tournament 99 flawlessly (and on 1024x600 with all max effects), Age of Mythology too and the emulators of snes and genesis were perfect even in fullscreen (No, the n64 emulator was still low and didn't work), playing

So, everything was perfect but a feature: It was made to work with Vga and has not Hdmi support so I was unable to use the full power of this driver on my tv.

I have not idea how to made a custom driver, I mean, I don't know which options to enable in order to have the correct driver, I'm also thinking about the loss of performance if I do something wrong too.

Anyone know about a custom driver based on the emgd of april o know how to make one with hdmi suppport?
  (#2) Old

Arrow 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wence-kun View Post
Well, first of all sorry for my english, I'm still learning and I can understand you but can't express myself as I would want to.

Some days ago, for some reason, I decided to install Windows XP again (I was using W7 and a Linux Distro), so I was searching for the best driver and I new the best was the EMGD of april.

After some minutes of searching, I founded the driver for xp named ''Gma 500 booster'' (that was actually a build of the emgd driver of april). Installed the driver and was better that I expected: I was able to run Unreal Tournament 99 flawlessly (and on 1024x600 with all max effects), Age of Mythology too and the emulators of snes and genesis were perfect even in fullscreen (No, the n64 emulator was still low and didn't work), playing

So, everything was perfect but a feature: It was made to work with Vga and has not Hdmi support so I was unable to use the full power of this driver on my tv.

I have not idea how to made a custom driver, I mean, I don't know which options to enable in order to have the correct driver, I'm also thinking about the loss of performance if I do something wrong too.

Anyone know about a custom driver based on the emgd of april o know how to make one with hdmi suppport?
You have to set sDVO in CED (iemgd editor)..ask to aszu what is chipset for hdmi output.. probably Silicon 1392
You can try to look on Laptop Schematic | Laptop Motherboard Schematic | Laptop Motherboard Diagram | Notebook Schematic | Laptop Circuit Diagram | VGA Board Schematic | Laptop Master Password | Bios Password | HDD Password

Here there is a quick guide to CED: my blog
It's in italian but you can translate with google translator or better with microsoft (check in right side)