Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default Dell Streak 1.6 Bug List - 07-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Ok, this is going to be a list of known bugs - things on the Streak that are not working as intended. Thankfully there aren't many
  • Android Market cannot scroll in portrait mode - Discussion
  • Keyboard occaisionally renders in portrait mode when in landscape.
  • Proximity sensor sometimes makes it difficult to answer or use the dial pad during calls - Discussion
  • (with the stock music app) You cannot use the headphone controls (pause/next track) when then screen is locked.
  • No way to choose "default" home screen, always second from left.
  • When trying to rename a bookmark in the browser you get the error "this bookmark was not saved since another bookmark with the same URL already exists."
  • The default Android keyboard doesn't react with some text inputs in the browser correctly. Often with larger inputs, it's possible for your text the type to disappear under the keyboard itself.
  • Unable to add new contacts from messaging app - discussion
  • You can't scroll months in calendar, like you can the weeks.

This bug list is for the stock 1.6 Android build, here is the Android 2.1 bug list.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#2) Old

Default 07-27-2010, 11:28 AM

Android Market cannot scroll in portrait mode

is this true for alot of people then? it scrolls fine for me :s
the music player has a definate bug tho but i can't go back to that after using 3 cubed, love it!

Last edited by smoker; 07-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.
  (#3) Old

Default 07-27-2010, 10:15 PM

The screen lock sometime works, sometimes does not. I've even gone back to the settings and turned off and back on and recreated a new lock. Still it fails to always ask for the unlock when the screen goes on. Oh look Mr Thief, please steel my Dell Streak, the lock doesn't work.

And while we're on about bugs I get texts from one contact and they show up as being sent from another contact. That's a good one that is. And yes I've checked the phone numbers are right!

I'd mention not being able to connect to Asus equipped mother boards with built in WiFi on WPK-PSK but that's a bit fringe for a fix I guess.

And since no one else has yet mentioned it I'll add to the list the vibrate-for-all-it's-worth-until-the-battery-is-removed bug when removing the charge cable unless you're facing south standing on 1 leg and singing Auld Lang Syne in B minor. Not that that "feature" bugs me. You understand.

The phone can also hang right on pressing the end call button after speakerphone conversations too leaving you not knowing if the call has dropped or not - seems it's not recorded in the call log either... ooo phantom call.

Otherwise Mr Dell, it's perfect.
  (#4) Old

Default 07-28-2010, 01:25 AM

When making a call, unable to search contacts when typing initial letters. Does work very occasionally (only about 5% of the time). You have to go to contacts, then the search box, then type.

Matt
Streak supplied 8 July 2010, direct from Dell.co.uk
  (#5) Old

Default 07-28-2010, 03:49 PM

In web browser bookmarks, if you edit a bookmark and attempt to rename it you get the message "this bookmark was not saved since another bookmark with the same URL already exists."
  (#6) Old
Founder

Default 07-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneill View Post
In web browser bookmarks, if you edit a bookmark and attempt to rename it you get the message "this bookmark was not saved since another bookmark with the same URL already exists."
Confirmed and added.

(#7) Old

Default 07-28-2010, 06:12 PM

May be more of an android/google issue than a dell one, it's not all that major either but it bugs me nonetheless.

Googlemail app. You receive multiple emails that have the same subject, which it displays as a single stacked entry ('conversation'). It tells me there are 2 posts in my Inbox (which it puts the Inbox label on) that form this one conversation.

I decide to discard it by deleting the conversation.

Both mails/posts of the conversation get kicked to the deleted folder, but the Inbox label is left behind on one of the posts.

This leaves it telling me there is (1) item in my Inbox though whenever I go there, it's actually empty. I have to hunt down the other 'label view' where this post really is, open it up separately, and remove the Inbox label from it before it will be gone.

So; when items get moved from one folder (that has a label) to another folder, it should remove that label equally from all posts it applies to, not do some but neglect others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3matt View Post
When making a call, unable to search contacts when typing initial letters. Does work very occasionally (only about 5% of the time). You have to go to contacts, then the search box, then type.
I never have a problem with this actually, and the only thing I'd maybe question is whether any app/task killers might be responsible. I use one myself, but I'm very careful and selective about what I kill, and I don't let it do a full sweep or auto-kill anything.

Just an idea to consider perhaps, but if you find a more reliable/repeatable way of it happening that would be good. For now though 5% seems nothing like what I'm experiencing.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

One I'd like to pinpoint more, but the connection dropping cycles (like say, 5 seconds of No Service, 5 seconds of 3G, 5 seconds of 'H', then back to No Service again for 5 minutes) doesn't seem to be an issue of signal strength or stability.

It's the most annoying thing I encounter with the phone and even from the same mast/tower (as can be confirmed through the app Antennas) the problem will seemingly clear itself up without warning, and without noticable changes in signal power. It seems more like iffy software control is at fault but I don't know how to capture/log it as such yet.

Only things I've noticed are that it seemingly never seems to happen if I also have a wireless connection enabled, or if I am in the middle of a call. At other times, even within a short distance of a mast and outdoors in relatively unobscured terrain (not a built up area) this can strike at will.

Last edited by topdog; 07-28-2010 at 06:15 PM.
  (#8) Old

Default 07-28-2010, 07:30 PM

Go to messaging. Go to compose new message. Try to add a contact... you can't. The only option is to manually type the phone number (typing a name doesn't work) ...
  (#9) Old
Founder

Default 07-28-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Zebra View Post
Go to messaging. Go to compose new message. Try to add a contact... you can't. The only option is to manually type the phone number (typing a name doesn't work) ...
Works fine for me ^^

(#10) Old

Default 07-29-2010, 06:57 AM

Option 1:

Compose new message, start typing name of existing contact, search results pick up appropriate contact for me.

Option 2:

Compose new message, start typing in a new contact number, once you're done, long-press hold the To field and in the popup that appears is the option to Add To Contacts. You can then add this to an existing contact or create a new one from this number.

If you try to type a new 'name' it treats it like a number, you know like the '1-800-CALLME' type of convention where the letters are mapped to their numbers, so if you try to add a new name you typed and store it as a contact, it will instead still store this in the number/email fields of the contact you create.

So basically, start with the number instead, then long-hold to add and fill in the other details like their name (or attach to an existing contact record).