Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old

Default Piece of White Dust underneath my Webcam Glass And Other ?'s - 10-18-2008, 04:43 PM

I've had my Dell Mini for a few days now, its a great machine so far.

But on the third day I noticed a piece of white dust/speck underneath the webcam glass. Its not hindering the webcam at all, but its annoying me cause I constantly stare at it ops:

I can't exchange it cause I am leaving the country for vacation in a few days and will be gone for a several months...so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions...I tried shooting it with canned air but that didnt work.

Some other questions (didnt want to make seperate threads for each question)

When the Mini boots up in to XP, is it supposed to go in to a smaller resolution and then switch in to the normal resolution?

Also is it normal for the screen to go in to a lower brightness setting when you plug in the charger?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Piece of White Dust underneath my Webcam Glass And Other ?'s - 10-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOT
Some other questions (didnt want to make seperate threads for each question)

When the Mini boots up in to XP, is it supposed to go in to a smaller resolution and then switch in to the normal resolution?

Also is it normal for the screen to go in to a lower brightness setting when you plug in the charger?
To answer your last two questions quickly; YES and YES

There are already a number of posts about the first "other" question, a quick search will give you more information.

The second would almost certainly be caused by your settings for battery vs. mains power being set to a different brightness level and is a normal feature of XP.

EDIT: Actually reading your post again, I have answered with the assumption you mean higher brightness for charger (ie AC power) and lower brightness when running on batteries, you have actually stated the opposite is the case :!:
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Piece of White Dust underneath my Webcam Glass And Other ?'s - 10-18-2008, 06:11 PM

2) normal
3) right click on the battery/charging indicator. adjust power settings. Set it to home/office.