My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
My Digital Discount My Digital Discount is offline
Member
 
My Digital Discount's Avatar
 
Posts: 58
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default In Stock: Better-Power 5200mAh Replacement Battery for Dell Mini 9 & Vostro A90 - 05-14-2010, 08:27 PM

The Better-Power 5200mAh Replacement Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Vostro A90 Netbooks are back in stock. If you have been waiting, make sure to place your order to be sure to get one while supplies last.

Click Here to Purchase Yours
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
doraemon doraemon is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default 05-16-2010, 03:30 PM

Hi MDD, I would like to have this upgrade for my mini 9. But before I place order, I want to know this batch of batteries is trouble free. I am from malaysia, and RMA shipping is going to burn a big hole in my pocket. I hope you understand my concern.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
kampf kampf is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Default 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM

Awesome. I'm also hoping that this is trouble-free, though I'm significantly closer than Malaysia.


Better-Power 5200mAH for Mini 9 For Sale.
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
doraemon doraemon is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM

Any members here can please share your experience on this batch of new batteries? Any problem face, and running time/charge?
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
Digitalfiend Digitalfiend is offline
Member
 
Posts: 55
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 05-18-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
Any members here can please share your experience on this batch of new batteries? Any problem face, and running time/charge?
I just received mine today; 1 1/2 days of travel time to Canada...very nice!

The battery is still showing 99% charge after about 1 1/2 hrs of charging. It started at 87% and quickly shot up to 99% (in about 1/2hr).

Dell's Battery Meter doesn't seem to work and pressing fn+3 crashes the utility.

Once the battery is charged, I'll let you know how long it lasts. The angle created by the battery bulge isn't that bad. I was expecting a lot worse.
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
doraemon doraemon is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default 05-19-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalfiend View Post
I just received mine today; 1 1/2 days of travel time to Canada...very nice!

The battery is still showing 99% charge after about 1 1/2 hrs of charging. It started at 87% and quickly shot up to 99% (in about 1/2hr).

Dell's Battery Meter doesn't seem to work and pressing fn+3 crashes the utility.

Once the battery is charged, I'll let you know how long it lasts. The angle created by the battery bulge isn't that bad. I was expecting a lot worse.
Hey bro... nice to hear your reply. Why not download this utility call batterybar from Osiris Development - BatteryBar, the most accurate battery meter for Windows. It gives you more info than the standard windows one. Can also take this opportunity to check whether it works for both the battery and the program.
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
eugene eugene is offline
Senior Member
 
eugene's Avatar
 
Posts: 137
Join Date: May 2010
Default Bios - 05-19-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
Any members here can please share your experience on this batch of new batteries? Any problem face, and running time/charge?
Also BIOS status please.
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
Digitalfiend Digitalfiend is offline
Member
 
Posts: 55
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 05-19-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
Hey bro... nice to hear your reply. Why not download this utility call batterybar from Osiris Development - BatteryBar, the most accurate battery meter for Windows. It gives you more info than the standard windows one. Can also take this opportunity to check whether it works for both the battery and the program.
Yep it works.

So far I'm down to 81% and have been browsing quite extensively (wireless), running VS2010, installing software, screen brightness 2/16 (?), etc for about 2hr 30min. Running Win7 Pro.

So far the Mini has successfully suspended itself and hibernated. No issues waking it up.

Quite happy so far.

As for BIOS version, I'm still running A04.
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
Digitalfiend Digitalfiend is offline
Member
 
Posts: 55
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 05-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Managed to get 4 1/2 hours with 55% charge left.
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
doraemon doraemon is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM

woah...

Sounds good to me... Hv u check the battery wear status on battery bar software?
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.