My Digital Discount MDD are online retailers of Runcore SSD drives and accessories for your Dell Mini netbook.

(#21) Old

Default 08-23-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfLappy View Post
Provided by DellEFI/Netbook Installer I believe.
I would have thought if the BIOS didn't report it, then software like DellEFI/Netbook Installer, could not access it.
  (#22) Old
Administrator

Default 08-23-2009, 11:28 PM

I downgraded by using Somms' USB key BIOS updater, which has all the old versions. You do need Windows to create the key. I am not running OS X of any flavor on my Mini.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#23) Old

Default 08-24-2009, 09:01 PM

So I'm still unsure if this is still the same as the ones from the other thread (eBay). MDD says there is no difference in the viewing angle of the screen, but we all know the ones from eBay do. I don't remember, but I believe the eBay ones stop the screen from being opened all the way, not just tilt it forward.
  (#24) Old

Default 08-25-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhk1976 View Post
I'm on Bios version A04 for the Vostro A90. My understanding is that this is the same bios as A05 for the Mini 9. Does that mean I'd need to downgrade my bios to A03 for the Vostro to avoid the battery recognition issues?
Ditto. Anyone know?
  (#25) Old

Default 08-25-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
I downgraded by using Somms' USB key BIOS updater, which has all the old versions. You do need Windows to create the key. I am not running OS X of any flavor on my Mini.
can you please provide the link for bios update using usb flash? I had no luck searching for it. thanks.
  (#26) Old
Administrator

Default 08-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#27) Old

Default 08-26-2009, 05:57 AM

if this had been out when i bought mine (jan-ish) then i would have gone for it. As such, i got an ebay one, and im running A00 - the minor minor updates with the a00-a04 bios update are unimportant to me, compared to having 11hr run time

Mini 9: Black, WinXP, 2GB GSkill RAM, 16GB STEC SSD, Intel 5300 a/b/g/n, BlueTooth, 8 cell battery (11hr runtime)
  (#28) Old

Default 08-26-2009, 10:48 PM

Got the battery today and am running on it now. I like the angle the keyboard is at when on a desk and when on my lap, the slight additional weight on the base keeps the Mini9 more stable - doesn't wobble as much.
  (#29) Old

Smile Received my extended battery from MDD yesterday - 08-27-2009, 01:44 AM

My extended battery arrived yesterday and I can happily say that for the first time, I have an extended battery that works as advertised, charges correctly without all of the monkey-business of unplugging the OEM and plugging the extended in, nor the weird flashing led lights. This battery work great, charges great, and I am a happy customer. I previously bought and returned two other extended batteries for my Dell Mini9 and I could neither charge them plus the leds would flash rapidly back and forth. None of those problems with my extended battery from MDD. The only minor downside is that my screen will not open quite as far as it does with my Dell OEM battery, but I think that is simply a tradeoff due to the design of the battery pack. I think this is probably true of all extended battery packs for the Mini9. Thanks MDD for a great product!

Running A04 on Dell Mini9 with OS X 10.5.8
  (#30) Old

Default 08-27-2009, 06:33 PM

Hi,

Noob question. I have Mini9 running Dell's Ubuntu OS. I would love to buy an extended life battery for it. How do I find out what BIOS version I am currently running?

Thanks!

Black Mini 9, 1GM memory, 16 GB SSD, Ubuntu, MMD 8 cell battery, no camera, no integral Bluetooth