Dell Mini 10v Forum for all discussions and support on the Dell Mini 1011, also known as the Mini 10v. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mini 10v Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Anything new on the trackpad front? - 08-07-2011, 03:16 AM

I've been away from both this site and my Mac OS 10V for a while , and am wondering if there has been any new developments concerning the horrible trackpad. I have very shaky hands, and the trackpad is almost unusable for me.

Last thing I knew, there was an improved driver that damped the jumping somewhat, but I never could figure out if I already had it or not, or whether I could install it without doing a complete reinstall.

Interesting that all the trackpad posts seem to be a couple years old. Did everyone find a fix, or just get used to it?
  (#2) Old

Default 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM

The best I can see is the ol' Swap the 10v touch pad for the 10 touchpad is the best option.

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...-mini-10v.html

As it would be, I've just purchased an Mini 10 touch pad off of eBay to swap it out. Hopefully that'll work better because the 10v touchpad (even with the updated Synaptics Driver) is horrid to use.

Dell Mini 10V - Obsidian Black - 2GB - 40GB Intel SSD - Bluetooth 2.1 - Razer Pro|Solutions Mouse
Current OS: Windows 7 Professional
  (#3) Old

Default 08-20-2011, 12:49 AM

One of those Microsoft Arc Mice that almost folds flat works well on my son's 10v. I also use one on my Mini 9 when I am processing several credit cards. I think they about $30. They are small with a little USB & it comes with a pouch which slips right into the Mini 10/9's cover.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#4) Old

Default 07-11-2012, 12:53 AM

So is it still worth it to swap track pads on a 10v to one from a 10? I'm using OS X on the 10v and the track pad seems ok. Did the drivers for the 10v reach the point that this swap won't really gain me much or is there still a difference between the two with the latest drivers that makes it worth while?
  (#5) Old

Default 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM

I tried it, and did not see any difference, except the whole thing didn't sit well when put back together. Swapped back to original. Not worth it.

Dell Mini 10V - Obsidian Black - 2GB - 40GB Intel SSD - Bluetooth 2.1 - Razer Pro|Solutions Mouse
Current OS: Windows 7 Professional
  (#6) Old

Default 08-09-2012, 10:01 PM

I use the Synaptics drivers on my hackintosh and just tweaked the settings and while it's not perfect, it's good enough. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle for as little as I use the trackpad. I use an external mouse/keyboard.