Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#41) Old

Default 09-06-2010, 11:29 AM

you can add to the list of bugs that you can no longer play .wma files which is annoying
  (#42) Old

Default 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
Has anyone else noticed the overall volume is lower and the max is quieter ?
I think it's louder now! listening to music or the radio is definitely louder for me!

And I hadn't noticed that wma files are no longer supported but even through Mixzing wma files no longer show in the list Grrrr
  (#43) Old

Default 09-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigmcmanus View Post
I am having issues with the lock screen, sometimes it becomes almost completely unresponsive to touch, on the pattern lock I might sometimes be able to connect up two lines but that would be it.

I have now turned off the pattern screen and gone back to the basic swipe upwards one but even that proves difficult sometimes, so I've had to shut it down, hold down power button, can normally hit the shutdown button but the new OK dialog is almost impossible to get it to react. I have resorted to just manically tapping it until it actually responds.

This is the new O2 2.1 build, I went straight from an unaltered O2 1.6 build.

(Edit for spelling do'h!)

Hi

I had a similar problem, so I did a touch-screen callibration, and it solved my woes regarding my pattern-unlock...

Saffajay
  (#44) Old

Default 09-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Yep, Screen calibration and/or turning off the active desktop has pretty much solved my touch screen unresponsiveness issues.

Thanks.
  (#45) Old

Default 09-07-2010, 10:16 AM

has anyone noticed that the keyboard now is utter crap and completely unresponsive.

its not too bad ni text messaging but when using it to search in the market or to type in a browser address it misses out half the letters you press and is no way as responsive as the 1.6 version.

(i also hate the new layout but thats another problem)

can anyone recommend a keyboard from the marketplace that is better than the default one?

i also had the problem with my locking screen freezing up, i have just tried the recalibration and will see if that makes any difference

has anyone noticed their streak now runs hotter than before? mine seems very warm on the back top end

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by musser View Post
i also had the problem with my locking screen freezing up, i have just tried the recalibration and will see if that makes any difference
well, left it locked while i wrote 3 posts on the forums, unlocked it again and tried dragging the little green thing up to unlock it, it drops it half way up the screen before it reaches the dot, tried dragging the silence button down and it also drops it half way down the screen before reaching the dot.

could only unlock it by repeatedly spamming it up and down til it flew up fast enough to hit the dot

so, i've recalibrated it, any other suggestions as to how to get my phone to actually unlock properly?
if i lock it again straight after getting in to it, it works normally, leaving it locked for an extended period of time seems to mess up the calibration on the locking screen though
  (#46) Old

Default 09-07-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musser View Post
has anyone noticed that the keyboard now is utter crap and completely unresponsive.

its not too bad ni text messaging but when using it to search in the market or to type in a browser address it misses out half the letters you press and is no way as responsive as the 1.6 version.

(i also hate the new layout but thats another problem)

can anyone recommend a keyboard from the marketplace that is better than the default one?

has anyone noticed their streak now runs hotter than before? mine seems very warm on the back top end

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

well, left it locked while i wrote 3 posts on the forums, unlocked it again and tried dragging the little green thing up to unlock it, it drops it half way up the screen before it reaches the dot, tried dragging the silence button down and it also drops it half way down the screen before reaching the dot.

could only unlock it by repeatedly spamming it up and down til it flew up fast enough to hit the dot

so, i've recalibrated it, any other suggestions as to how to get my phone to actually unlock properly?
if i lock it again straight after getting in to it, it works normally, leaving it locked for an extended period of time seems to mess up the calibration on the locking screen though
I recalibrated AND turned off active desktop, this has solved my issues, someone said that the active desktop might be stealing CPU cycles that should be used by the touch screen...
  (#47) Old

Default 09-08-2010, 04:23 AM

The live wallpapers will consume an amount of CPU equal to the skill/attention of the author, so some snazzy ones but by relevantly unknown/experienced developers may drag the thing to a crawl.

The kittehface ones like galactic core and silhouette (tree one, haven't loaded city night one) will use between 4-7% CPU in general, which is probably quite reasonable and certainly unlikely to impact basic functionality (generally, even with this paper using 4-7% the combined load on the 'idle' phone is around the 22-26% mark).

As a caveat, the unit is doing a system bugreport dump at the time these statistics are gathered, so there may be some overhead from that but the 'top' report is done quite early on so I reckon it shouldn't interfere much with the numbers.
  (#48) Old

Default 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM

Here is the list I have gathered with the help of my Twitter companions!

http://streak.tommed.co.uk/
  (#49) Old

Default 09-08-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer4life View Post
the keyboard is laggy. its slow to respond and slow you down making you spell the wrong wors
Have to disagree here. I find the new keyboard much easier to use with fewer false characters - almost possible to touch type. The wider spacing makes for much greater reliability. The numbers were a nice thought but cramped everything up. Do miss the cursor keys, though.
  (#50) Old

Default memory leak - 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Not sure if its been posted already as I only had a quick scan thru..

They seems to be some kind of memory leak. rebooted phone advanced task manger said 227 Mb free, now 167Mb Free no addiotnal apps\widgets are runing and 50Mb more now used

Last edited by payneardo; 09-08-2010 at 08:18 PM.