Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
AaronASB AaronASB is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Crucial half-mini 50mm boards $1 per GB 40/20 speeds. - 04-12-2010, 11:00 PM

Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
AaronASB AaronASB is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 04-15-2010, 02:07 PM

Did anyone grab any of these?

They sold out superfast.
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
reflex reflex is offline
Guru
 
reflex's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,997
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronASB View Post
Did anyone grab any of these?

They sold out superfast.
I considered ordering, but by the time I saw the deal, people were already talking about them being out of stock on slickdeals.net. Also, I don't need a new SSD for my Mini (knock on wood ).


Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
holmes4 holmes4 is offline
Administrator
 
holmes4's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,186
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Default 04-15-2010, 05:38 PM

They are slow - you aren't missing much.


Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
goat6500 goat6500 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Default 04-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Hrm, I jumped on this deal and got a 32 & a 64GB drive before doing a lot of reading here about these Crucial drives. I'm happy with the performance I'm getting out of my standard STEC 8GB drive, I'm just running out of space for program files. So if I 'upgrade' to one of these Crucial drives is it gonna suck or what?
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
holmes4 holmes4 is offline
Administrator
 
holmes4's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,186
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Default 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM

The 8GB STEC is not all that good either - you probably won't notice much difference.


Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
goat6500 goat6500 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Default 04-17-2010, 09:39 PM

Awesome, I guess ignorance is bliss. Thanks Holmes! Now to can toss on my gps maping software and all the other stuff on it. Only crappy thing is I didn't save my nlite versin of xp and as it also doesnt have that awesome usb port that the Runcores do. Meh. Oh well. If I was going to pay more than $100 fore a SSD upgrade I was goign to just get a 10. Now my dopey little 9 will keep on chuggin.....
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
AaronASB AaronASB is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 04-18-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat6500 View Post
Awesome, I guess ignorance is bliss. Thanks Holmes! Now to can toss on my gps maping software and all the other stuff on it. Only crappy thing is I didn't save my nlite versin of xp and as it also doesnt have that awesome usb port that the Runcores do. Meh. Oh well. If I was going to pay more than $100 fore a SSD upgrade I was goign to just get a 10. Now my dopey little 9 will keep on chuggin.....
You purchased a 32 or 64? Followed the link I posted or knew about it already?
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
goat6500 goat6500 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Default 04-18-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronASB View Post
You purchased a 32 or 64? Followed the link I posted or knew about it already?
Saw a posting on Wireddeals.com around 10AM and jumped on it, twice actually. 1 order for a 32 and than a separate order for a 64 after I throught about it. I just wanted to maximize my chance of at least getting one (I only have 1 mini) since I knew it was a matter of minutes before the fleabay bottom-feeders would kill the deal with orders of 50 and 100. I got lucky and got both drives today. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra drive, after I make sure they both work.

I just came here to do a little post-purchase research on the Crucial Drive( haven't been here in a while). Sorry to hear it licks goat b*lls but at least it will fix my space problems. Not looking forward to reinstalling everything, Bleah....
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
AaronASB AaronASB is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 04-20-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat6500 View Post
Saw a posting on Wireddeals.com around 10AM and jumped on it, twice actually. 1 order for a 32 and than a separate order for a 64 after I throught about it. I just wanted to maximize my chance of at least getting one (I only have 1 mini) since I knew it was a matter of minutes before the fleabay bottom-feeders would kill the deal with orders of 50 and 100. I got lucky and got both drives today. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra drive, after I make sure they both work.

I just came here to do a little post-purchase research on the Crucial Drive( haven't been here in a while). Sorry to hear it licks goat b*lls but at least it will fix my space problems. Not looking forward to reinstalling everything, Bleah....
Ill take whichever one you decide not to keep off your hands at the $1 per GB plus first class shipping if you're interested, PM me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.