Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
hafaisy hafaisy is offline
Member
 
hafaisy's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Matte Black Covers. - 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM

I have 1012 with special edition that have X4500GMA. My "notebook" has fingerprints when i holding it or open the lid. any suggestion to make no fingerprint at the lid ? help me

Use a Scour Pad to De-Gloss Fingerprint Prone Electronics


Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 / GMA3150 / 1GB RAM / SL 10.6.7 / No Video Out,Sleep and Quartz Extreme
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
rrfranczak3 rrfranczak3 is offline
Super Moderator
 
rrfranczak3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,902
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate New York, U.S of A.
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM

buy a skin for it

PS. the graphics chip in your system is a GMA3150


Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
plchan plchan is offline
Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 01-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafaisy View Post
I have 1012 with special edition that have X4500GMA. My "notebook" has fingerprints when i holding it or open the lid. any suggestion to make no fingerprint at the lid ? help me

Use a Scour Pad to De-Gloss Fingerprint Prone Electronics
I see your signature indicated you are running Mac OSX on 1012. Did you get it working without any issues? Do you have any instructions on how to install and setup on 1012? I have a 1012 with the whatever VGA card they come with. I was told OSX does not work on 1012 or it still has some issues.

Just wondered how you get yours working.


Inspiron Mini 10 (1012) / N450 / 1GB / 1366x768 / Video Card Crystal HD Broadcom Media Accelerator / 160G / Obsidian Black / Windows« 7 Ultimate 32bit / HB95 Mini Card / 6-cell 56WHr
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
rrfranczak3 rrfranczak3 is offline
Super Moderator
 
rrfranczak3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,902
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate New York, U.S of A.
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I see your signature indicated you are running Mac OSX on 1012. Did you get it working without any issues? Do you have any instructions on how to install and setup on 1012? I have a 1012 with the whatever VGA card they come with. I was told OSX does not work on 1012 or it still has some issues.

Just wondered how you get yours working.
the 1012 still has issues with OSX.....and it has the GMA3150 in it, not sure what the OP is talking about....something doesnt sound correct here


Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
plchan plchan is offline
Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 01-13-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
the 1012 still has issues with OSX.....and it has the GMA3150 in it, not sure what the OP is talking about....something doesnt sound correct here
i thought the same thing


Inspiron Mini 10 (1012) / N450 / 1GB / 1366x768 / Video Card Crystal HD Broadcom Media Accelerator / 160G / Obsidian Black / Windows« 7 Ultimate 32bit / HB95 Mini Card / 6-cell 56WHr
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
hafaisy hafaisy is offline
Member
 
hafaisy's Avatar
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 01-13-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
buy a skin for it

PS. the graphics chip in your system is a GMA3150
but my 1012 has lga775 board on it. so the graphics card is X4500GMA when i see at the device manager

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I see your signature indicated you are running Mac OSX on 1012. Did you get it working without any issues? Do you have any instructions on how to install and setup on 1012? I have a 1012 with the whatever VGA card they come with. I was told OSX does not work on 1012 or it still has some issues.

Just wondered how you get yours working.
theres no support on x4500 but , i has kext to 1336x768 but no quartz


Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 / GMA3150 / 1GB RAM / SL 10.6.7 / No Video Out,Sleep and Quartz Extreme
Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.