Thinix Software for Dell Duo Discussions about the Thinix software for Dell Duo. Hosted by Thinix company

(#21) Old

Thumbs up 03-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Well- I have to hand it to Thinix...they are good.

After the problems I listed above, I emailed Thinix yesterday to get help. Despite it being a Sunday, and despite it being during the NCAA Elite 8 games, Don, from their support team, emailed me back right away, and we exchanged about 6 emails with instructions for possible fixes.

In the end, the dell-specific patch corrected the problems and I'm back up and running with the latest Thinix Touch 6.3.60 (I think that's the version, I'm at work now and don't have my Duo with me).

Accelerometer works great- apparently in the .ini file for the "blackout" program, the regular 6.3 upgrade may accidentally disable the hot keys for screen rotation. The patch replaces the file with one that works perfectly. And I'm using flip now, which I like, too (it's the function that automatically starts the Touch application when you flip the screen to tablet mode and close the computer.)

Kudos to Thinix for a nice product and great customer support.
  (#22) Old

Default 03-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastra View Post
Well- I have to hand it to Thinix...they are good.

After the problems I listed above, I emailed Thinix yesterday to get help. Despite it being a Sunday, and despite it being during the NCAA Elite 8 games, Don, from their support team, emailed me back right away, and we exchanged about 6 emails with instructions for possible fixes.

In the end, the dell-specific patch corrected the problems and I'm back up and running with the latest Thinix Touch 6.3.60 (I think that's the version, I'm at work now and don't have my Duo with me).

Accelerometer works great- apparently in the .ini file for the "blackout" program, the regular 6.3 upgrade may accidentally disable the hot keys for screen rotation. The patch replaces the file with one that works perfectly. And I'm using flip now, which I like, too (it's the function that automatically starts the Touch application when you flip the screen to tablet mode and close the computer.)

Kudos to Thinix for a nice product and great customer support.
Will they give out free license if we beta test the product and do a decent review on the product?????
  (#23) Old

Default 03-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhgi View Post
Will they give out free license if we beta test the product and do a decent review on the product?????

No idea. I bought a license in January for Touch 3.2, and the upgrades have been free. (I think I get one year of upgrades and support)
  (#24) Old

Default 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM

I downloaded the duo patch, which is online now.
The flip-start/stop works. Will test some more
I had to uninstall and reinstall twice because some
options didn't appear. (especially the duo-options).
  (#25) Old

Default 03-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Thinix Touch download location is under hte "Downloads" tab at www.thinix.com/touch

Yes W7 does contain the right components. The only thing you may need to do is update Flash.

You may need to temporarily disable some anti-virus programs when you are installing Thinix Touch due to the nature of the program. We have seen some cause it to hang and others have caused no issue.

Download the installer of Thinix Touch 6.3 (disable the AV if needed during install), then run the installer from your local disk to make sure there are no internet connection issues. After successful please do the same with the Duo patch.

Last edited by anthonyclark; 03-28-2011 at 07:46 PM.
  (#26) Old

Default 03-28-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyclark View Post
Thinix Touch download location is under hte "Downloads" tab at www.thinix.com/touch

Yes W7 does contain the right components. The only thing you may need to do is update Flash.

You may need to temporarily disable some anti-virus programs when you are installing Thinix Touch due to the nature of the program. We have seen some cause it to hang and others have caused no issue.

Download the installer of Thinix Touch 6.3 (disable the AV if needed during install), then run the installer from your local disk to make sure there are no internet connection issues. After successful please do the same with the Duo patch.
Many thanks. I'm worried about what happens if Thinix is corrupted and I can't revert to Windows. If I do lose control, what happens if I close the computer down with power switch and then turn it on. does Windows re-appear? I'm not too conversant with Windows 7 and don't fancy calling in an expert to rescue my machine, which at the moment is working well.
  (#27) Old

Default 03-29-2011, 08:00 AM

You can always boot into safe mode.
also during the installation proces Thinix advises you to
create a second user account that doesn't load thinix.
finally you can choose to install thinix in application-mode
rather then starting it at boot time.
  (#28) Old

Default 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM

Is thinix very resource intensive.

I have to say that I got my duo tweaked (thanks to cms) and glary utilities and am very satisfied with the machine as it is now (with duo stage).

Adding icons to duo stage is a bit of a pain but gives a nice result.

I would look at thinix unless it is a resource hog.
  (#29) Old

Default 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM

I cannot seem to integrate Opera Mobile into Thinix.
It just refuses to start the program....and does nothing
  (#30) Old

Default 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
Is thinix very resource intensive.

I have to say that I got my duo tweaked (thanks to cms) and glary utilities and am very satisfied with the machine as it is now (with duo stage).

Adding icons to duo stage is a bit of a pain but gives a nice result.

I would look at thinix unless it is a resource hog.
Did you do anything special with glary utilities to get your system running better?

Thinix looks nice but I am also interested on how it performs on the duo and if it is a resource hog.